Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Calc.VET: correcting MAF and calculating VE (in single log)

OK that did it I'm up ang running again lets see how long it takes me to screw it up this time
    Quote Originally Posted by COONDOG96 View Post
    OK I tried both no luck. Went to GeekSquad they said its not my computer its something I did in the EFILive sofdware. Now were do I go is there an EFILive teck soport line? If I uninstall and redownload will I lose all my files? I'm a computer dummy were do I go from here.

Hay Rich Z let me know if all the calc_pids.txt files work for you. I had this problem.
    OK I added the calc_pids.txt file looked ok but when loading the pids (CalvulatedVE,Not corrected) did not come up valleid was still X out. When I did a log {B0101} map after averaging came up all 0s. {B5001} had what looked like good # to me ????. I went back and looked at the calc_pids.txt file and CLC-00-320 is not in there could that be it??? Also I then tried to find the 320 text and now I have bouth the scan and tune are locked up I get an erior massage witch I sent in. So now I'm dead in the net. Will try to send the log but not going to lost is post again

Hay Rich Z let me know if all the calc_pids.txt files work for you. I had this problem.
    Well, I'm using the .PDF tutorial, and looks like there is an error in the PID list provided. The PID that the tutorial calls for says "GM.DYNCYL_DMA" for "Air Flow Grams/Cyl-Speed Density", but the actual PID (as best I can tell) appears to actually be called "GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA". It's this kind of stuff in a TUTORIAL that drives me insane. A tutorial, in my opinion, is supposed to teach someone about the topic matter. It really can't teach very well if it is inaccurate.

One thing that might be a real snag for me is that this procedure appears to use long term fuel trims. Yet my tuner told me he disabled LTFT in my tune, and at this point I don't have a clue about how to re-enable them. I've got all the mechanical issues now straightened out on my car (knock on wood) so I want to delve into this tuning stuff, but I've still got some questions I am having trouble finding answers to. The main thing is that my tuner is using a sloped IFR table in spite of the fact that my fuel pressure regulator is vacuum mapped. My car does run pretty good, even after his quickie tune to get me running, so I don't know if the guy just has some tricks up his sleeve that my inexperience can't even begin to understand, or if he did not realize the FPR is mapped. So far I haven't been able to get an answer out of him about it. But it's something I'm sure I need to know before I do anything in the tuning at all, as this is pretty much the base level to even begin to step up into the real tuning.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06
    427 RHS block built by LME
    STS rear mounted twin turbos
    It nearly died on the operating table, but I'm bringing her back.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Open the Tune Tool and go to Edit, Configure Display Units and cahnge it to Metric instead of Imperial.
    Ah! Ok, that worked. Thanks for your help!

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

One thing that might be a real snag for me is that this procedure appears to use long term fuel trims. Yet my tuner told me he disabled LTFT in my tune, and at this point I don't have a clue about how to re-enable them.
    CL or Closed Loop enable temp set to max temp disables LTFT.

Or {B3801} Long Term Fuel Trim Correction, set to eneable/disable.

What I haven't seen that would make Open Loop tuning easier then disconnecting O2 sensors and DTCs is STFT and LTFT min and max? Set these all to 128 and no fueling correction.

CL or Closed Loop enable temp set to max temp disables LTFT.

Or {B3801} Long Term Fuel Trim Correction, set to eneable/disable.

What I haven't seen that would make Open Loop tuning easier then disconnecting O2 sensors and DTCs is STFT and LTFT min and max? Set these all to 128 and no fueling correction.
    Ah, thanks. I can see where he used two methods to disable LTFT.

B3801 set to disable, and B3802 set to 284 degrees.

I can understand there being a minimum coolant temp to enable LTFT, but what does a MAXIMUM coolant temp enable really do? If the LTFT are already enabled at, say 180 degrees, what happens if you set a max of 230 degrees and the coolant temps HIT that? No sense in enabling LTFT again, is there?

BTW, what would be a good coolant temp to set for the enable? I noticed that my coolant temps are generally around 195 while driving.

Thanks for your help.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

I was suggesting LTST/STFT fuel trims, not enable temps. Your tune has this in differant scale then what I posted. Mine has nothing.

But in your tune min temp allows LTFT to become active and max temp turns LTFT off, relying on STFT only. LTFT memory is not much help if your engine is overheating...

I was suggesting LTST/STFT fuel trims, not enable temps. Your tune has this in differant scale then what I posted. Mine has nothing.

But in your tune min temp allows LTFT to become active and max temp turns LTFT off, relying on STFT only. LTFT memory is not much help if your engine is overheating...
    OK, maybe I misunderstood what my tuner did. It appeared to me that he disabled B3801 AND also had the LTFT enable set to 284 degrees, which also effectively disabled LTFT. Does that sound right?

As for B3803, I guess it's just a terminology thing. To me I guess that would be the high temp that DISABLES LTFT, but it sounds more like negative logic saying that this is the MAXIMUM temperature that LTFT will be ENABLED. Of course, as you pointed out, if the engine is overheating what would disabling LTFT do anyway?

Thanks.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

I'd have to test to be sure but either should turn off LTFT. Doing both was just safe.

If you look, one temp Enables when temps are coming up from cold, then there is a window of operation, then if it hits the upper/max it turns off.

OK. Well let me ask this: Do I actually NEED the LTFTs to be enabled for this CALC.VET procedure?

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast