Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Calc.VET: correcting MAF and calculating VE (in single log)

Quote Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn View Post
    Hey Mr. Prick:

Thanks for the write-up on the Analog BEN Pid.

I should have been a little more clear. You have to utilize the calc_pids.txt file attached to add the necessary Pids. We added 3 Pids to the 'Tuning' Section.

The latest software updates were to allow for a successful nesting of several Calc.Pids. There was a software glitch prior to build 147 which caused a one-frame delay..Build 147 and later solves this.

Let me know if the Pids still don't show up..

Thanks..
    Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen WS6 View Post
    I'm all about this getting simpler for us computer illiterate, that's why I bought this over hptuners. But I see no way to add new pids anywhere, or find any how to, to tell me how or where to do it. I see your codes on the first page but.. I've read both threads on this and have had no luck.
    I'm using the v1 with 7.5 and the latest update.
    You add them to the calc_pids.txt that is in the My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration folder.
    calc_pids are covered in the EFILiveV75Scan.pdf (pages 92-96)

You can download Shawns and cut & paste the ones you want to your current calc_pids.txt or overwrite it.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

I got into LAX at about 1:00am this morning (the connecting flight from MIA was delayed a few hours)...

Yes, you can define your own calc pid section names, Shawn and I defined "Tuning".

For analog wideband, lambda is the AFR divided by the stoich AFR of the wideband... see mr.prick's spreadsheet...

For example, the LC-1 lambda is {CALC.AFR_LC11} / 14.7.

[ what, 10am and no poolside margaritas...?! ]

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Hi Joe, welcome back. We missed you.

Seems to be a fair amount of interest in the new CALC.VET Tuning method.

I would like to get a short little guide put together. At some point I/we can tackle the Tutorial itself.

Do you have any ideas how to easily address the Analog WO2 Pids formation? I.E., if Analog use this calc_pids.txt file..if Serial use the following.

The main confusion will be the initial decision tree. If just using NB's..use LTFTBEN. If NB and WO2 use SELBEN. I don't see any way of having just one calc_pids.txt file for all of them. Its possible, but might be more work than it is worth.

A few thoughts to ponder..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Thanks for the welcome back

For analog wideband's (using LC-1 for example):
    CALC.WO2BEN1 (CLC-00-110) can be redefined as: {GM.EQIVRATIO} * ({CALC.AFR_LC11} / 14.7)

[ note that ({CALC.AFR_LC11} / 14.7) is wideband lambda ]

It seems that it might be easier to have one calc_pids.txt file (for serial wideband) and have any analog wideband users tailor this file for their own wideband, i.e. edit CLC-00-110 as shown above, see the (xxxx), since there are so many analog wideband AFR calc pids.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Oh.

You add them to the calc_pids.txt that is in the My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration folder.
    calc_pids are covered in the EFILiveV75Scan.pdf (pages 92-96)

You can download Shawns and cut & paste the ones you want to your current calc_pids.txt or overwrite it.
    Thanks. I'll give that a try this weekend when I have some time again.

These two methods of obtaining analog lambda are identically the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    I've got build 149 and there is no tuning section in the pid list.

{EXT.W2OEQR1}&{EXT.W2OEQR2} are for serial WBO2 only.

To use {GM.EQIVRATIO} with an analog only WBO2 you need a pid for Lambda.
    NGK AFX Lambda = ({EXT.AD1}*0.096)+0.62 or ({EXT.AD2}*0.096)+0.62

The "new" BEN pid will be ({GM.EQIVRATIO}*{Lambda})
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Thanks for the welcome back

For analog wideband's (using LC-1 for example):
    CALC.WO2BEN1 (CLC-00-110) can be redefined as: {GM.EQIVRATIO} * ({CALC.AFR_LC11} / 14.7)

[ note that ({CALC.AFR_LC11} / 14.7) is wideband lambda ]

It seems that it might be easier to have one calc_pids.txt file (for serial wideband) and have any analog wideband users tailor this file for their own wideband, i.e. edit CLC-00-110 as shown above, see the (xxxx), since there are so many analog wideband AFR calc pids.
    mr.prick's method has the user pre-calculate two constants (i.e. the user pre-calculates this: AFR pid divided by stoich AFR).

mr.prick's method evaluates a single pid, is more direct (it evaluates lambda directly in one pid/calculation).

joecar's method chain evaluates two pids/calculations (it evaluates the AFR pid first, then divides it by stoich AFR to obtain lambda).
    Last edited by joecar; February 8th, 2011 at 04:12 PM.

Joe:

I am trying to show an example of a Calculated Pid for Analog Widebands. I also copied most of yours and Mr. Pricks comments into the CALC.VET Quick Start Guide on page 1:http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....tire-VE-Table.

At your convenience could you take a look at the attached Analog Pid and see if I copied it correctly. Feel free to substitute Mr. Pricks version if you feel it is a better example.

If you need to Edit any of your comments on Post 1..feel free to do so.

Thanks..
    Last edited by WeathermanShawn; February 8th, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband

Shawn,

Looks good; I made some edits to post #1 to make shorter and to flow easier (less to read = less chance of mistake)
    Last edited by joecar; February 8th, 2011 at 04:23 PM.

Shawn,

You might want to replace the calc_pids.txt file in post #1 with the new one (see the one attached to post #39)...

[ i.e. the new calc_pids.txt file that has "iff({CALC.PE}, {CALC.WO2BEN1}, {CALC.LTFTBEN})" ]

Much Appreciated Joe.

It flows really well.

To all CALC.VET Users, the method is pretty much good to go. I have done nearly a dozen runs to verify the accuracy of the formula and the method. As long as your NB's, WB, and MAF are 'healthy' you will get great results. I also did several logs where I also failed the MAF to verify the VE Table accuracy. It was very close to an open-loop SD Tune previously done on my vehicle.

The attached CALC.VET Filter (post 1) has also been put through the rigors of testing. The CALC.VET assumptions work best on a vehicle that has reached normal ECT conditions. The Filter for rapid TPS changes will filter bogus DFCO events and allow for a very smooth MAF curve.

At some point in the somewhat near future we will add a section to the current CALC.VE Table Tutorial that will address every detail possible.

Special thanks to Joecar who ironed out the CALC.VE and CALC.VET formulas (understatement) and worked magic on formulating the required Calculated Pids. Thanks also to Mr. Prick for his work on Calc. Pids for Analog WB, spreadsheet, and resultant BENS.

Please feel free to comment on this thread or start another if you have problems or general comments.

Thanks..

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast