Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Calc.VET: correcting MAF and calculating VE (in single log)

When doing this tuning I have followed all procedures and Im getting corrected MAF and VE table as expected. The only thing that is throwing me off is how choppy my AFRs are looking while logging. Im assuming this is because I'm doing CL tuning using this method. The up and down swings correlate perfectly to the switching of the O2 sensors. Would it be better to do this tuning using OL so that fueling isnt so choppy? Or is it a function of the wideband I'm using (AEM analog)? Or does it not matter as it is averaging out over time?

Post some log files.

LTFT's are a filtered from STFT which are filtered from NBO2 swings (i.e. they should not look choppy).

Well that's what I had thought. Maybe it has something to do with the wideband I'm running then. Eitherway, here is the log, my tune file (VE table updated more recent than the log), and my setup file.

I appreciate you taking a look.

2002 Camaro Auto LS1_TuningActive_Nitrous_0004.tun

cal_setup.txt

Log_nitrous_0003.efi

Lifetime Member

In closed loop, the pcm constantly switches the fueling between rich and lean. Your wideband is only seeing what the pcm is doing. If you don't like to see that, then go open loop and tune with the wideband exclusively.

I'm going to be using this method this upcoming weekend and trying to set up all the stuff prior to the weekend its a 2007 L92 with 6L80 and I'm using and E38 with

OS 12614088 the

The B4901 is not in my OS. and this OS is Not listed in the ls1 os's.

does anybody have an idea on how to setup the B4901 table with a os that does not have that map ?

E38 would have a different table id for B4901...

are you trying to do this with E38...? Correcting the MAF will be easy, but calculating the VVE table will require the calc pids to be edited (not sure how yet).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    E38 would have a different table id for B4901...

are you trying to do this with E38...? Correcting the MAF will be easy, but calculating the VVE table will require the calc pids to be edited (not sure how yet).
    Ive got a l92 with 6l80 inside a jeep and we're trying to make it smog legal and correct the fuel trims. The engine is bone stock as is the exhaust just the cold air intake is a smog legal kit from gm and the LTFTs are positive 22 something isn't right and unsure if just correcting the maf will fix this issues or is there something wrong with the VVE table skewed

Lifetime Member

Correct maf and vve tables. Or easier. Do a maf only tune with o2s and youre good to go

Quote Originally Posted by 400ss View Post
    Correct maf and vve tables. Or easier. Do a maf only tune with o2s and youre good to go
    I'm very new to the tuning deal. Found a tutorial on here about VVE table tuning but haven't got to the vehicle yet to try it

You will have to correct MAF and VVE separately...

Correcting MAF: disable VE (set dynamic airflow threshold to zero/idle rpm), disable CL/LTFT/STFT, use wideband.

Correcting VE: disable MAF (cause/force immediate MAF DTC), disable CL/LTFT/STFT, use wideband, use VVE documents (see below).

E38 VVE Setup Guide

Virtual VE Tutorial

Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast