Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Response $31: "Request Out of Range" when changing VIN on '00 Escalade

@mjalstad, just to confirm for you though the if we are able to incorporate the ability to chage the VIN on the L31 it will only be possible with the Scan and Tune product. This will require you to upgrade your Scan Only license.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

00Escalade.tun

Here's the 00 Escalade. I have another that I will add later

00Escalade.zip

Here's the zip

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    @mjalstad, just to confirm for you though the if we are able to incorporate the ability to chage the VIN on the L31 it will only be possible with the Scan and Tune product. This will require you to upgrade your Scan Only license.
    So that would cost me an additional $400? I talked to TunerCat and they said they can set me up for $300 to change the VIN on any Vortec or LS1 PCM as many time as I want to as many PCMs as I want. Can you guys compete with that at all or am I going to have to switch over to them and return or sell my EFI Live? I bought this because I was told that I could change VINs on these trucks and that was the only thing I was looking to do when I bought this product. Here is the email I received when I was shopping around for a product:

Hi Matt,

The FlashScan V2 Scan Only product (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=56) is able to change the VIN on supported vehicles. This product costs US$399 and includes the FlashScan V2 hardware interface, cables and software.

These are the currently supported vehicles (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=100&Itemid=82). As you will see it is only GM vehicles presently.

Regards,
    Andrew Jensen
    EFILive Limited

This email message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee named above and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this email message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this email message.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Saturday, 11 September 2010 4:22 p.m.
    To: sales@efilive.com
    Subject: Sales or General Inquiry from Matt Alstad

Matt Alstad has the following inquiry:

Email Address:xxxxxxxx
    Phone Number:xxxxxxxxxx

Please enter the details of the inquiry below:
    Hi, I am looking for a product only to change VIN numbers on PCMs. I don't need to do any tuning, just VIN number changing. I would need a product that can do this an unlimited amount of times. It would be used mostly for GM trucks but also Ford and Dodge along with some of their cars. Thank you

Sending you an email.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

i got this error today trying to scan an e38? any tips

Quote Originally Posted by auspeed View Post
    i got this error today trying to scan an e38? any tips
    Which V7/V8 build...?

all sorted: I had invalid pid selected AD1 then had to update the sae_generic.txt as per latest software fixes.

Reviving this thread again...
    I programmed an E35A over the past weekend and had no issues in programming the ECU for the 07 Duramax.
    I went back to work on my current project, 1998 K1500 Silverado that I put a 0411 ECU into. I programmed it with the 02 Vortec file and tried to run 7.5 Scan so that I could see what my O2's and sensors were doing and I got the $31 error. I started removing PIDs that I thought may be causing issue and have still not been able to successfully view active data. I removed all EFILive software and re-installed and updated the firmware on the V2 last night and still no joy...
    Any insight on other options to make the scanning work again?
    Let me also add that this is the first time in about 6 months that I have tried to do anything with EFILive on vehicle(s).

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer92 View Post
    Reviving this thread again...
    I programmed an E35A over the past weekend and had no issues in programming the ECU for the 07 Duramax.
    I went back to work on my current project, 1998 K1500 Silverado that I put a 0411 ECU into. I programmed it with the 02 Vortec file and tried to run 7.5 Scan so that I could see what my O2's and sensors were doing and I got the $31 error. I started removing PIDs that I thought may be causing issue and have still not been able to successfully view active data. I removed all EFILive software and re-installed and updated the firmware on the V2 last night and still no joy...
    Any insight on other options to make the scanning work again?
    Let me also add that this is the first time in about 6 months that I have tried to do anything with EFILive on vehicle(s).
    If you haven't already, try updating to the latest V8 version, here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive
    Then use the V8 pass-thru scan tool to:
    1: Validate the PIDs for the target vehicle.
    2: Try logging the PIDs using V8 pass-thru.

You can copy your PID selection from V7 to V8 by highlighting the PIDs in V7 (click on the first selected PID, then hold the shift key down and click on the last selected PID), then select the menu option: Edit->Copy for export to V8.
    Then run the V8 Scan and Tune tool, select [F2: Scan]->[F2: PIDs], select the appropriate engine (and trans if required) controller(s).
    Right click in the green "Selected PIDs" section and select Paste. You PIDs from V7 should appear in the green section. Only PIDs that are defined for the selected controller type will appear.

To validate the PIDs, connect to the vehicle and select the small/square PID validation button in the center of the Scan window that looks like a red cross with a green tick.
    Invalid PIDs will show up in both the green (Selected PIDs) and yellow (Available PIDs) areas with a red cross icon.

Once you have a set of valid PIDs, try scanning/logging by selecting the [F4: Charts] tab page and click on the red start logging/recording button.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast