Thread: GEN lll v8 6 liter gas (NEED INFO ON SOME TUNING)

Default GEN lll v8 6 liter gas (NEED INFO ON SOME TUNING)

HEY just got efi live and id like to do some custom tuning on one of my trucks iv played around a little with the rpm limitting and fuel back down and speed limitting i can get the truck to perform but id like to try timing and mabe somethng with the injectors . any info would help. i also have a duramax im looking to put a towing tune in i can get more info for that one though

Lifetime Member

Hello Ram Performance,

When you downloaded the EFILive software the Tune Tool Manual and Scan Tool Manual would have probably downloaded to C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Docs. There should also be a Tutorial subfolder as well - with about a dozen *.pdf files.

These are necessary reading if you are serious about tuning. There are also some interactive Tutorials on the EFILive homepage - under the “Downloads” heading select “Documentation / Tutorials”.

The “Advanced Search” feature on the EFILive Forum will also help you find topics of interest.

Regards,
    Taz

hey thanks for the reply i got the cd and all the programs but i also have my cd loaded on 3 other computers one of my co workers has the cd but i will get it back and go through the disk and see what i can pull up

Lifetime Member

Dont use the included CD to install the software, its old by now. Grab the latest files from EFILive Downloads page and install them. The upgrade the bootblock first, then the firmware of your V2. Open up V8 Scan & Tune, then look for the little FlashScan icon to pop up by the clock in the lower right corner. Click it, then click the F6: Firmware tab. If you need to upgrade the bootblock it will say so, do this first. Then upgrade the firmware. Good to go!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.