Thread: Heres what i'm wondering in a nutshell

Lifetime Member

Default Heres what i'm wondering in a nutshell

I got a pretty good grasp on how to use the CalcVE tutorial and the AutoVE tutorial. Now since I have a WB I want to do the AutoVE tutorial. Since (correct me if i'm wrong) but since autove is OLSD there is absoultely no feedback or trimming, your AFR will be whats in your tables and commanded.
    Ok if i'm correct there, how can i do an AutoVE tutorial and then after that re-enable the MAF and trims as not to mess with the tune I just did. Thats basically all my posts in a nutshell. Because the AutoVE tutorial assumes your leaving the MAF off.
    And for anybody who didn't know what I did so far, before I got my WB I did the CalcVE tutorial with the NB's and my VE table and MAF table are almost perfect. Just haven't touched PE/WOT yet which is what i'm looking to do today.

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Tim I will let you get some other opinions beside mine. One of the reasons I wrote the CALC..VE Table was to design a Tuning method that avoided unnecessary twist and turns. You see if your ultimate goal is to run MAF and closed-loop, smarter to tune it that way than 3 or 4 different methods..

The CALC.VE Table is essentially for closed-loop Tunes that utilize the MAF. Ultimately the goal is identical to AUTOVE. We are just trying to tell the Injectors pump X amount of fuel at this load. Whether you do it by LTFTBENS or AFRBENS it is just that simple.
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Lifetime Member

Sorry shawn that does make perfect sense. I guess what got me confused is i'm trying to combine the CalcVE with NB and WB. Since I have to pull a NB cause he don't have a bung welded in. I guess I was looking at it that the NB are very accurate at stoich i'd try to use both. But I guess the best thing to do is just start the CalcVE tutorial over again just using WB.