Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone help me out with calc.pids

Lifetime Member

Nevermind I missed it lol

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    You already know that that is the same as "({GM.EQIVRATIO}/{EXT.WO2EQR1})", right...?

lam = 1/eqr
    I see, another form of BEN.
    This would the option for analog instead of making a commanded Lambda PID from EQ.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

See my edits to post #4.

For those with 5.7L displacement see attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Ok starting to make sense about EQ and lambda. So if I used my wideband to tune for CL and PE what would be the best way to do it. Would it be better to use a BEN using AFR vs commanded or is there a better/easier way to modify the VE, MAF freq table using a WB?
    Ok without looking at my calc_pids.txt if I wanted to use EQ to fix the VE table is this the right rationale? correction factor= EQ/commanded AFR and just take that number and paste-multiply into the VE table?

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Tim you really have me and probably a lot of other readers pretty confused. I thought we already did CALC.VE Table which modifies your MAF and VE Table. Its the same technique for PE Mode/WOT. You don't need to alter your VE Table..its being done by the calculations.

It still sounds like you are confusing AUTOVE and CALC.VE Table or you are convinced that somehow you have to separately alter the VE Table.

Perhaps Joecar can straighten you out. I think you are asking the same questions over and over and IMO really making it harder than it needs to be. Whats hanging you up?
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Lifetime Member

I understand now how to tune using the NB for CL and then the WB during PE. But after looking at my calc_pids.txt I just want to make sure i'm actually using the correct formulas for the VE/MAF corrections. I know how to use the NB for the VE table i'm good on that, I'm just makin sure I have the correct formulas so when I do the correction using a WB it dont mess it up. I might have to think a different way because I like to look at AFR, it's easier to me. But need to make sure i'm doing the corrections the right way using I guess EQ is the best? Cause from what i've read using AFR to make your VE/MAF corrections isn't good? Cause like I said before I tried to piece together calc.pids and think I jacked it all up, but Joecar fixed my pids for me, just need to understand how to use them.

Yes, the formulas look correct if your engine size is 4.3L.

To look at commanded AFR do this: log GM.EQIVRATIO (instead of GM.AFR) and use the CALC.AFR pid to view it as an AFR
    (first edit CLC-00-001 to be the stoichiometric AFR of the fuel you're using, e.g. 14.63 for gas, 14.12 for E10, 9.78 for E85, etc...).

The CALC.WO2BEN1 pid uses GM.EQIVRATIO and EXT.WO2LAM1.

When using LTFT's for correction, use CALC.LTFTBEN.

Avoid using CALC.STFTBEN, CALC.STFT, CALC.LTFT for anything other than viewing.

CALC.EQR is used for viewing EQR from logged GM.AFR (which you shouldn't be logging), so it is never needed.

Lifetime Member

Wow that makes perfect sense now, thanks Joe and Shawn think I got it now, but also got the inside working from your explainations too. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12