Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: January 24th 2011 pre-release

Lifetime Member

Thank you ... that functionality did seem too good to be true !

Cheers,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    I'm cornfused ?? What is this mystery tune ??
    It's no "mystery tune", just one of about 5 beta COS's files made for the early E38's. They have remained static for about 30 months (2.5 years) so are missing a lot of parameters that are now in the std. calibration files but did have the ability for "switchable tunes". The Valet and NOS (which use as for towing) modes were what I used most but as they are so old now, I'm moving away from the COS. As already mentioned....

• There was only 5 OS's ever converted in the Beta, all released prior to mid 2008. No later OS's were done.
    • There is no ongoing support for the old Beta COS's, hence why the VVE tables have now stopped working.
    • They are missing many calibrations that were added in the past 30 months. Checking my OS shows 98 additional calibrations in the stock OS.
    • It appears that the "upgrade OS" option no longer works anyway for these files.

I think we should let these OS's rest in peace now....

Simon.

Default Licensing

I did all the updates at the beginning of this thread to my PC and V2. I loaded in a new config and set up the new ECM and TCM designators i.e. LLY-> E60. When I try to flash a cal to the truck I get a message on the V2 that I need to license my V2 for my ECM. I looked on the tuning tool at the licensing info and everything seems good there. What am I doing wrong? This is for BB flashing. I have not tried pass his through yet. I appreciate any suggestions.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakingslayer View Post
    I did all the updates at the beginning of this thread to my PC and V2. I loaded in a new config and set up the new ECM and TCM designators i.e. LLY-> E60. When I try to flash a cal to the truck I get a message on the V2 that I need to license my V2 for my ECM. I looked on the tuning tool at the licensing info and everything seems good there. What am I doing wrong? This is for BB flashing. I have not tried pass his through yet. I appreciate any suggestions.
    After getting that message can you locate the matching *.htx file in the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace
    The matching file will be one that has the date/time embedded in its filename thatmatches the date/time when you got the problem.
    Please, send it to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    After getting that message can you locate the matching *.htx file in the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace
    The matching file will be one that has the date/time embedded in its filename thatmatches the date/time when you got the problem.
    Please, send it to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks for the response Paul. The folder is empty. I'm using the BB Flashing and not the PC with pass thru with 7.5. The PC with pass thru works fine. It's just when I try to use the V2 by itself. The first thing I noticed after choosing the tune file which displays E60 then below that is the tune file "LLY_0007.ctd" which is on the SD card. After I choose that then I get "Trying MFG Key". Then it checks the tune file and then gives me the message "License this controller now?" I choose no.

Lifetime Member

Im having an interesting issue trying to BBFF a T42 file. I wiped my V2 and SD card, then recopied all the latest files after upgrading to the newest fw. Went out and read the existing file, worked great. Tried to BBFF a T42 file with a different OS, get error $0502 File not found. Tried to BBFF the old file back in, worked fine. Any ideas?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

The $0502 error is indicating that the necessary script files have not been copied/programmed. Check on the V2 Config filesystem for the T42_F.*
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Thanks for the response Paul. The folder is empty. I'm using the BB Flashing and not the PC with pass thru with 7.5. The PC with pass thru works fine. It's just when I try to use the V2 by itself. The first thing I noticed after choosing the tune file which displays E60 then below that is the tune file "LLY_0007.ctd" which is on the SD card. After I choose that then I get "Trying MFG Key". Then it checks the tune file and then gives me the message "License this controller now?" I choose no.
    After successfully flashing the controller in pass-thru, please find the matching *.htx file and send it.
    After getting the "License this controller now?" message and selecting "No", please save a trace file on FlashScan, copy the trace file to the PC and send that as well.

Thanks.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    The $0502 error is indicating that the necessary script files have not been copied/programmed. Check on the V2 Config filesystem for the T42_F.*
    Although, if the original file can be BBFF then that indicates all necessary files are available.
    One thing that does come to mind is the filename length. I think it needs to 16 or less characters long.
    Regards
    Paul

I had the same problem with my LBZ. I had to define the PID and tune controller under BBx in the V8 software (right click and select controller). The PID was showing unknown & A40 and the tune was blank for LBZ. All the diesels were blank in the tune section and unknown in the PID section. Pass thru was never a problem for me.

2019 Sierra 6.2l
    2017 2500HD L5P
    2010 2500HD LMM (sold)
    2005 Harley Ultra Classic

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast