Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: January 24th 2011 pre-release

Just letting you know that some are using the tap-tap talk plug in......

Sent from my HTC Desire

No Problem.

Sent from my PC which has a Gigabyte H55-USB3 MB with an i5 quad core, GT430 video card.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Wonder if this is my issue BBF'ing my P10 as Ive applied all the latest updates and formatted everything at least 2x now. Ill check again in a few weeks when Im home again, but is there any way to fix the magic identifer? Seems even when I took my original .tun that I pulled back in 2005 and just opened it in V7 (probably around build 139-143, cant remember exactly) and resaved as a .ctd to BBF it gave me the $0502 error. Did the same thing with my T42 file I converted from a .tun, but if I BBR the file first then I could BBF that one back in.

Sent from my HP dv6t Quad Edition Core i7-2630QM, ATi Radeon HD 6570M 1GB, Bluray rom, 640gb 7200rpm hdd. (and crap this one has to go back to HP, dang Intel's Cougar Point chipset having the SATA quality degrading over a few years. Ive had it for maybe 3 weeks now :( )
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I'm trying a new test. I've read the tune out with build 149/142 and made a couple of adjustments. Then saved the tune as a .ctd to the SD card ready for BBF test. Doing this results in a successful BBF. So I think the magic numbers were missed very early on and the save process does not generate the magic number again.

Simon.

Sent from my HTC Desire (again)....

Lifetime Member

Hmmm ok Ill try flashing the stock tune then reading it back out and modifying that.

Wonder if my magic number was missing from the beginning and is the reason I couldnt BBF.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I reckon that's it in a nut shell. Some time in the past the magic number was either not used, or dropped out of the code for some reason. Back when BBF didn't exist, this wasn't a problem as the old laptop flash process didn't need it. Then when BBF came in, the magic numbers became importent, but as it occurred just after BBR, it's likely that most people tried reading tunes first, which created the magic number. The used BBF on those read tunes so all was OK. It's not until you went back and used and old laptop read tune that the problem became apparent. I'm also going to guess the problem only occurs with early OS's in each controller, later OS's that came out after the magic number became important probably have it configured automatically.

Whatever the cause, the work around is fairly easy.

• Flash the tune in with the laptop
    • BBR the tune back out
    • Continue tuning with the newly read tune

Of course if you're stuck with BBF only, then it may be a bit harder. However I guess we could work on a set of known good OS's with magic numbers, then youjust need to create a script from the tune you have to apply to the new base tune.

Simon

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    No Problem.

Sent from my PC which has a Gigabyte H55-USB3 MB with an i5 quad core, GT430 video card.
    But without a tap tap talk plug in.....

Did this issue get fixed yet. I have same issue with BB trying to flash tunes. I will try the work around on post #76. Thanks
    2006 Trailblazer SS
    Twin Turbo 67 Chevy Truck
    SOLD Truck 2002 Chevy kb turbo t70 5.7l

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Yes it should be fixed in the currently available version here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

O.K. I made sure all my stuff is updated but still getting same errors. I tried to to read my tune with the bb and got a message that says options.txt is empty. When I try to flash tune with bb error $0502 scrip file not found.
    Thanks
    2006 Trailblazer SS
    Twin Turbo 67 Chevy Truck
    SOLD Truck 2002 Chevy kb turbo t70 5.7l

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast