Thread: LS7 tune

Default LS7 tune

We have purchased a standard GMPP LS7 installed with standard manifolds,no cats and a good air filter system,it is run with the LS7 GMPP install kit ie fly by wire throttle,loom and E67 ECU (i think) and runs 97 octane pump fuel.
    She is running ok,but seems a little rich,we have the innovate LM2 have got a serial cable and have the EFI V2 controller before we start to mess around has anyone got any experiance with this set up,tips or general advise.
    We are trying to hook up to a 6 cylinder rev counter which read but low is there any fix for this as it is integral to the car we fitted the engine to.
    Many thanks

Lifetime Member

Hello Warren,

I primarily work with Gen III setups - definitely not a Gen IV expert. Your Tach question has been discussed previously … see the thread below as a starting point for information on the GMPP ECM.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-Tacho-control

Regarding the possible “rich” condition - I find OEM tunes are always a little on the rich side - engineered to protect the engine perhaps. Check for vacuum leaks as a precaution. The engine / ECM may need a few hours of run time to “learn” the appropriate fuel trims.

There are some very knowledgeable Gen IV members on this Forum - hopefully they will comment when they get a chance.

Regards,
    Taz