Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got it... Opps I aint got it...

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    Any latest news?? I guess I shouldn't loose my mind over the no start custom OS as the problem is more wide spread then I thought!

WTF??

I need an answer why my first os didn't work and then one Jesse did worked!

Howard
    No news yet Howard, I didn't get to the shop this week but I'll email you as soon as I get over there.

Here is a list of COS's that won't start for me... It's a real bummer because when it does work... On pre 2003 systems (only ones that have worked for me so far) it rocks

Last edited by MN C5; December 23rd, 2005 at 04:38 PM.

I guess matching the stock OS to the Custom OS doesn't really matter when you have re-writting capability. That will be the last time I go that route. I assume that the custom OS's that you listed are all in the latest EFI version?

HT

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Yes, fwiw 04073003 should be removed from the list. I do have one running custom os with this #. But it was done before I upgraded to 7.3 which may or may not have anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MN C5
    Nothing yet... IMHO I think the E85 programing is screwing up the picture but I'll wait and see with the experts have to say.

And Ross is waiting for me to email him some files which I won't get to until late Tuesday.
    MN-C5, I think you were right all along, it appears the problem may very well be the Ethanol tables. So far (and please don't burst my bubble) the trucks are only having this issue.
    We have added in two new tables to try to help solve this problem.
    If anyone has a problem 03+ vehicle they can test this on right now, please Email me and I will send you an updated .cal file to suit.

Thanks,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Guess I should weigh in here... I think MN-C5 and I have the same year and model. My COS#3 worked fine, but I applied the cal file and then created an in-between flash file, and applied my changes over it. I'd read MN's post before hand so I looked for damaged tables first.

Don't have the laptop here or I'd give you the cal / tun numbers I used, but I took them directly from the chart for my OS (and actually I was just putting up the #3 version of the OS I was already using as a #1).

It did take awhile to get her started but I get the same thing anytime I zero the trims, so I did what I also do -- used the idle controls the first time to get her warmed up. After that, it was all good and no more hard starts.
    Hello, my name is Erik and I am a horsepower addict...

If the E85 tables are the problem, then it is hit and miss which trucks use them. All the files MN-C5 has been sending me do!.
    You may have been lucky.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by turboberserker
    Guess I should weigh in here... I think MN-C5 and I have the same year and model. My COS#3 worked fine, but I applied the cal file and then created an in-between flash file, and applied my changes over it. I'd read MN's post before hand so I looked for damaged tables first.

Don't have the laptop here or I'd give you the cal / tun numbers I used, but I took them directly from the chart for my OS (and actually I was just putting up the #3 version of the OS I was already using as a #1).

It did take awhile to get her started but I get the same thing anytime I zero the trims, so I did what I also do -- used the idle controls the first time to get her warmed up. After that, it was all good and no more hard starts.

I've tuned a bunch of vehicles with Custom OS's... And I can assure you that if I tuned your truck it wouldn't have taken awhile to get her started None of these tunes were for my truck. Which with 75lb injectors and a small cam started on the first try

Glad to see your up and running. You've been MIA on the boards the past couple of months

Quote Originally Posted by MN C5
    Glad to see your up and running. You've been MIA on the boards the past couple of months
    I agree, good to see you come up for some air Erik.
    Richard -
    2008 Trailblazer SS - TVS1900

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12