Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E-ROD Tuning Support

The kit came with lambda x 2,map sensor,loom,ECU (control unit),fly by wire throttle no cats,the uk agent (EFI)came and checked it out but the map is all over the place.I am not sure what e rod means but assume it is the kit.hELP !!!

Lifetime Member

If it didnt come with cats etc., its probably not an eRod kit but a regular GMPP kit. NBD on that anyways. What do you mean the MAP is all over the place. Have you got the o2 sensors and MAF sensor installed?

I had a look with the guys yesterday and the with the maf connected in the fuel trims were +25% and with it unplugged they read -25% so something is badly amiss. Thats at idle I should say.
    I suggested checking fuel pressure and injectors etc. Pressure should be flat and not MAP referenced shouldnt it!? Maf isnt strictly speaking in the recommended config, its located close to a bend in the intake etc.
    I suggested we check all the hardware setup and do the usual auto VVE with no trims and maf to see how far out the base was and see if there was an issue in the gmpp map causing the bad fueling.
    We reset the checksums which are dodgy as read so we have a baseline to fall back to in any case.

Also by way of interest Warren is using the fan output to fire the fans, but there is no system segment in the cal file so we cant control fan/temp trigger. Ross any chance this can be added into the GMPP E67 cal?
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Lifetime Member

Is it a genuine LS7 calibration and not an LS2? It will have LS7 in the VIN if it is LS7 and 5g/s injectors. Yes pressure is constant 58psi. Fans turn on at 99C. OS = 19211212?

MAP is all over the place? Does it have a regular 1 bar MAP?

MAP seems to read fine. Injectors look like LS7. Starting at 5.x and ramping up from there.. Warren has the OS to confirm, but it had LS7 on the ECU. Maybe the maf sensor is dodgy.
    Maybe we will go back to stock with just checksums done to confirm nothing went wonky with the tune.
    Just not sure why fuel trims are so far out with the stock tune..!?
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

I tried to calibrate a GMPP LS2 kit this past weekend and could not read the ECM. Wrong seed/key? The ECM was mounted up under the street rod and not easily visible but I showed the guy an E40 ECM and he said that's what it looked like with two connectors. The part number according to his paperwork is 19165484.
    Aaron L.
    Conover, NC

Quote Originally Posted by trudynosports View Post
    I tried to calibrate a GMPP LS2 kit this past weekend and could not read the ECM. Wrong seed/key? The ECM was mounted up under the street rod and not easily visible but I showed the guy an E40 ECM and he said that's what it looked like with two connectors. The part number according to his paperwork is 19165484.
    That would be an E38 then.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    That would be an E38 then.
    My fault, I was looking at an E38 as I was typing the post, lol. The ECM I couldn't unlock had the three connectors and datalogged perfect with my E40 PIDS. I'm thinking of swapping in a production E40 for now. The part number I got off the documents doesn't appear to be a good number that I can find anyway.
    Aaron L.
    Conover, NC

Lifetime Member

Its probably an E67 then?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123