Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loosing 4th once converter is locked

Ok on the weekend I managed to some more testing and have found this.
    Test 1.Pid TBASEPAT code changes from 11 to 9 in with hot state tuned out. No converter lock out during test
    Test 2.Pid TBASEPAT code changed from 9 to 4 when at normal driving the converter unlocks for no apparrent reasonand dropped back to third.
    Unfortunatley I didnt have TFT and VSS pids loaded.
    Logged TCCE,TCCEP,TCCES,TCCEO. They all changed at the same time as the converter unlocked.
    TCCE went from unknown to CMD off only fo 3.45secs and went back to unknown.
    TCCES,TCCEP and TCCEO all went from unknown to failed back to unknown over the same 3.45 sec periord.
    All mills were turned on but didnt throw any codes.
    If anybody out there has any idea it would be great.
    Cheers Ian
    Last edited by alian; February 8th, 2011 at 12:02 AM.

Lifetime Member

Hello Ian,

Glad you found PIDs that worked for you. Looks like the transmission shift pattern is “jumping around” - as I stated previously, I have observed this phenomena before - but I don’t know why it happens.

A couple of possible options come to mind …

As the previous transmission worked appropriately with your current ECM / TCM tunes, I would install the TFP assembly from the original transmission into the “built” transmission. This is straight forward - remove the transmission pan and you will be looking at the TFP assembly. This also has the side benefit of facilitating a transmission filter change (and partial oil change) while you have the pan off.

Alternatively, you could completely remove the “Hot mode” via programming. If you choose this option, the addition of a standalone TFT gauge may be prudent.

If your vehicle is equipped with any type of switch that alters the transmission shift pattern (like the Tow / Haul switch in trucks) then you will need to retain individually programmed shift patterns.

If your vehicle does not have a switch that alters the shift pattern, then all of the shift patterns could be programmed to the same values - which would stabilize the transmission behaviour.

Obviously, whatever approach you choose when programming the shift patterns, will also have to be consistently applied to the TCC apply / release patterns.

Regards,
    Taz

Thanks again Taz. I have to check wether the box is still here or has been sent back to the builder. I will be doing more testing in the next couple of days and will post results.
    Cheers Ian

I have a segment of log where the converter unlocksand drops to third as earlier explained. you can see where TBASEPAT switches from code 11 to code .
    Cheers Ian
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by alian; February 9th, 2011 at 11:52 PM.

Can try logging TCCMODE and TSHIFT if available.

Quote Originally Posted by alian View Post
    I have a segment of log where the converter unlocksand drops to third as earlier explained. you can see where TBASEPAT switches from code 11 to code .
    Cheers Ian
    Also log TSTATE05, 09, 10.

No Problem, Will give it a test. Will take a couple of days before being able to get out and test again but will let you know.
    Cheers Ian

Finaly got some time to do some testing. Joe I was able to get some of the pids you suggested to validate. l coudnt get TSTATE05, 09, 10 or TSHIFT to work. I got TCC mode to work and I need to work out what the description acualy mean as the TCC locks I get datta saying "lock" for a couple of secs then it goes to "slew" for the whole time until its does its usual trick and unlock for no apparent reason. I would assume that it should say locked. I am trying to confirm if its the box or the TCC that may be causiing the problem. The box builder has said he will build another box for me but if I fit another box with the same converter I am no better off. And like wise if I change the converter. If I replace the lot I will never no what it was. Lus the suppliers will want to know aswell.
    Chees Ian
    Last edited by alian; March 12th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.

Slew is an intermediate state between unlocked and locked, the TCM is slightly slipping the TCC on purpose...

try setting the D6032 TCC Sol Max PWM to 100% and the D6031 TCC Sol Min PWM to 95%.

Hey Joe is that for testing purposes or keep it there? D6032 lowest setting is 98 but D6031 setting are no higher than 34 max.
    Cheers Ian

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast