Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone doing with the TCC apply rate table?

Default Whats everyone doing with the TCC apply rate table?

Im tuning the TCM 42 on my 06 TBSS with a built 4L70e and vig 3600 3-disc lockup. I believe I have everything figured out with the exception of the TCC apply(ramp) rate table. What is everyone doing with this table? leave it stock? Any help would be much appreciated.
    - Ed
    Last edited by endlink; September 6th, 2011 at 03:55 PM.

Lifetime Member

Cant comment on the stall converter, but I like to ramp mine in faster because it gets back into lockup faster. For you, Id run a different TCM OS so you dont have to wait for it to reapply after you let off the gas. Run a car TCM OS and it will keep the converter locked until you tap the brake or turn off cruise on the turn signal stalk. 06-07s are fine, 08-09s run in 2nd gear with no gear selector. Im going to run an 07 OS in my 08 and see if that works, just have to double check the wiring and move a few pins around if I have to. PM me for more info on the TCM OS if you want to.

Ramp it in faster, I dont have my tunes on this pc so I cant check my files to see what the tables axes are.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks Erik, I'm going to stick with my current OS for now. I almost have my shift points tuned perfect, Ill play with the ramp rate at +/- 10% at a time to see what works. I locked my converter in 3rd and gained 1-2 mpg around town already and should increase my trap speed in the 1/4 mile. I'm debating locking the converter in 2nd as well at partial throttle to increase gas mileage a little more. (but max it out at 100%tps to keep it unlocked at the track) Just waiting on the wideband to come in and dial in my fuel trims.

Lifetime Member

I might hold off on 2nd gear lockup, have you talked to PI/Vigilante about locking them in 2nd?

I think you'll want to use that other OS in the future, especially having a high stall on the freeway. You're driving along and someone cuts you off, have to pull your foot off the throttle and then the converter unlocks. When you put your foot back into it, the stall flares up (for me with a stock converter its only ~200-300 before it locks, I imagine its a lot higher for you) before it can lock again. Running a car TCM OS eliminates this. Just run a script to copy your values over to the car OS and full flash it, shouldnt take more than an hour. If not now, then down the road just know the options available.

I still need to work on my spark and VVE tables, just havent had much time lately plus I dont have a regular VE table to play with. Just means more time to really learn how to tune the VVE lol.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

I like to max mine out and tune it like another shift. Just don't lock it up too early, or it will shudder.

In 4th the converter locks back up based on MPH in my tune so as long as I resume a certain MPH at a certain TP% the converter will lock back up. slow67, do you have an example of the TCC apply ramp rate table with it maxed out so I understand better? Thanks for the input all.

Quote Originally Posted by endlink View Post
    In 4th the converter locks back up based on MPH in my tune so as long as I resume a certain MPH at a certain TP% the converter will lock back up. slow67, do you have an example of the TCC apply ramp rate table with it maxed out so I understand better? Thanks for the input all.
    No, not a T42 tune anyway. I normally max out both the min and max PWM tables, which makes the apply rate table basically useless.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by slow67 View Post
    No, not a T42 tune anyway. I normally max out both the min and max PWM tables, which makes the apply rate table basically useless.
    Since I have limited TCC apply rates and limited trans tuning in general for the P10s, I have them set to go 98% duty cycle in lockup and essentially tune out the PWM aspect. Feels like slow said, another shift. I love it and everyone who's truck Ive done it to loves it as well. Better do it to my SS here soon, got a nice long roadtrip with the boat tomorrow that should provide some good data.
    ~Erik~

ok I nailed the TCM tune down and am very happy with it. Now I installed my WB02 and opened a whole new can of worms.... My truck is idling at an A/F ratio of 8.5 while warm... found a loose gbround causing the low numbers. Now the truck is idling at 14:1 afr according to the guage.
    Last edited by endlink; September 13th, 2011 at 11:25 AM.

Lifetime Member

I would question that AFR reading. That is pretty rich and would run very badly if it were true!

Maybe the WBO2 isnt calibrated or there's a setting that's incorrect.

Lee

230" Dragster - 2000 LS1, 02020003 Speed Density, PRC 2.5 Heads,
    MS3 Cam 237/242 .603/.609, Vic Jr. intake, Holley 1000CFM TB,
    PowerGlide, 5000 stall converter. 8.70@154 MPH

My Projects Homepage: http://www.horsepowerracing.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast