Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAST 90mm TB and Intake Tunning.

Default FAST 90mm TB and Intake Tunning.

Look what Santa dropped at my front door today. Now I gotta do some research and figure out how to tweek this bad boy.

Dale

78 Datsun 280Z W/LS1/T56

TR230, Absolute Speed stage II 5.3 heads, Fast 90mm setup, JTR 1 3/4 headers.

I wish you luck. I found the manifold to be fussy in terms of mounting and while I should have tried longer, did not make the power I expected. They really like >displacement.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Are you sure you need that setup? Email me and I'll send you my shipping address for "proper disposal" of gearhead paraphernalia.

2009 Z06 LS7 / 2008 Sierra Denali AWD L92 6L80E
    Flashing control modules since 2001. 8-)
    Who needs a MAP sensor on a supercharged LS6 anyway.

I think port matching really helps these intakes out, so that's my weekend project, then it's tune time.

Hey Rick, I'll send you some of my slightly used "gearhead paraphernalia" from the basement if you want, I have all sorts of neat stuff that's been collecting dust for 20 years or so. In fact, I'll even pay Freightliners fare for the 3 trailer loads.

Of course we must define "Gearhead paraphernalia" as "Anything a gearhead collects and cherishes to the point of "disposal denial".

So that includes:

Fish tanks, dog crates, screening, old lawn mowers, odd wheels, green carpet, rack mounts, old ham radios, etc...
    Dale

78 Datsun 280Z W/LS1/T56

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMX
    I think port matching really helps these intakes out, so that's my weekend project, then it's tune time.

Hey Rick, I'll send you some of my slightly used "gearhead paraphernalia" from the basement if you want, I have all sorts of neat stuff that's been collecting dust for 20 years or so. In fact, I'll even pay Freightliners fare for the 3 trailer loads.

Of course we must define "Gearhead paraphernalia" as "Anything a gearhead collects and cherishes to the point of "disposal denial".

So that includes:

Fish tanks, dog crates, screening, old lawn mowers, odd wheels, green carpet, rack mounts, old ham radios, etc...
    I don't think green carpet should be included. That's a standard household item. Some of the rest is a stretch....but you can't stretch to green carpet.

Check out gojo's tuning thread for eff. area changes and tuning that pretty piece -> http://efiforum.iqd.co.nz/showthread.php?t=149

I don't mean to rain on your parade, just don't want you to beat yourself up if you don't see a big improvement with the FAST manifold. Unfortunately, this manifold doesn't seem to do much on stock displacement engines. We got about one or two horsepower over an LS6 manifold on an LS6 with a 220+/- cam, headers and exhaust. A bit of tuning brought that up to about a 12 horsepower increase, but that's an apple to oranges comparison, because we didn't have time to tune with the LS6 manifold. I also have a friend who has used these manifolds on a variety of engines and his best results were on a stout 420-incher. He saw 10-horsepower over an LS6, but it took quite a bit of tuning to get there. Good luck with your project and keep us posted-- maybe you'll find the secret.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMX

So that includes:

Odd wheels and lawn mowers sound interesting. Fish tanks, dog crates - anything critter related you can keep.
    2009 Z06 LS7 / 2008 Sierra Denali AWD L92 6L80E
    Flashing control modules since 2001. 8-)
    Who needs a MAP sensor on a supercharged LS6 anyway.

Lifetime Member

Those manifolds are very tricky to seal properly.
    Strange but those manifolds make a bit of power up here halfway to the clouds course thats with cam and headwork. Std tb and manifolds are restrictive as witnessed by the falling manifold pressure over 4k dont have that problem with the Fast.
    \"You Can Never Have Enough Horsepower\"

My main reason for the fast was because I cracked my LS6 intake, repaired it, and it broke again. I have planed on a 402 in the future so I decided the fast 90 was the best decision.

There has been some good gains with porting on stock cube engines, but the correct porting is a science. Tony Mamo over on www.LS1Tech.com has shown some real promise. I am going to contact him for details before I do the 402. So for now I will just port match to my Stage II heads.

For the sealing, I bought the thicker o-rings that BYUNSPEED sells, and I'll flatten out the bolts in the valley pan. Hopefully the thicker 0-rings will do the trick though.
    Dale

78 Datsun 280Z W/LS1/T56

HP....TQ
    362 366 3.90 pt4000 228/228
    382 380 3.90 pt4000 228/228 + 90 mm Fast/NW TB
    407 374 3.90 pt4000 228/288 + TEA stg 2.5 2.055/1.57
    competition ported and polish, 11:1CR

7.199 95.79 1.571 1/8 mi times

These are the results from my 346cu,C5. The intake was not port matched until the heads were redone. The results are good but is not all that unusual.
    Why are you flattening the VC bolts, didn't the setup come with the flatter bolts?
    I believe the warped intakes are out of the system.
    Take your time and watch out for the oil pressure sender. Suggest you put a little clear caulk under the MAP sensor.
    2003 red vert
    Mods:
    LS7 crate engine, wet sump, 24xx reluctor
    LPE 100mm MAF
    Vararam, cold air intake and bridge
    RPM Level 6/4L60e trans
    3.42 gears
    Yank SS3600
    1-7/8" AR headers
    Z06 exhaust
    470rwhp 437rwtq
    1/8th mi-1.526-60'-6.862-1/8th-@100.74mph