A draft of a partially complete primmer is being reviewed by GMPX as time allows. Additionally, I need to complete some more text and refine things a bit which I can do independently. Once GMPX has given me back his comments and I have fleshed it out a bit more, I will be sending that draft copy to some other folks for a more final review and when the consensus is that it is ready to be a downloadable Adobe Acrobat file, it will be.

As an aside, I am highly motivated about this project and I am committed to seeing it through to completion. Not only in its first iteration, but I want to keep it up to date as more information is learned by both the community and me.

Due to some family issues of late (my sister and I have had to place our 86 year old mother in a nursing home recently), I have not spent much time on this project. Tentatively, I would like for it to be available generally within six to eight weeks. I don't want to rush anything too much. Modifying an engine via changing the PCM calibration is inherently something that needs to be a properly-considered approach.

I've been running my own vehicle in speed density mode and in open loop with the MAF (which I prefer) in order to gain first-hand experience. Additionally, I've been developing a high-fidelity VE Table doctor which will hopefully result in a very smooth table fairly quickly as well as means to mathematically align the speed density and MAF aspects of open loop operation by using some other excel spread sheets. I'm currently learning more about fine-tuning power enrichment aspects and spark tables.

I've tried to take some time here to write a fairly informative response since you folks haven't heard from me in a bit regarding the primmer.

All my best,

Steve