Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tutorials

A draft of a partially complete primmer is being reviewed by GMPX as time allows. Additionally, I need to complete some more text and refine things a bit which I can do independently. Once GMPX has given me back his comments and I have fleshed it out a bit more, I will be sending that draft copy to some other folks for a more final review and when the consensus is that it is ready to be a downloadable Adobe Acrobat file, it will be.

As an aside, I am highly motivated about this project and I am committed to seeing it through to completion. Not only in its first iteration, but I want to keep it up to date as more information is learned by both the community and me.

Due to some family issues of late (my sister and I have had to place our 86 year old mother in a nursing home recently), I have not spent much time on this project. Tentatively, I would like for it to be available generally within six to eight weeks. I don't want to rush anything too much. Modifying an engine via changing the PCM calibration is inherently something that needs to be a properly-considered approach.

I've been running my own vehicle in speed density mode and in open loop with the MAF (which I prefer) in order to gain first-hand experience. Additionally, I've been developing a high-fidelity VE Table doctor which will hopefully result in a very smooth table fairly quickly as well as means to mathematically align the speed density and MAF aspects of open loop operation by using some other excel spread sheets. I'm currently learning more about fine-tuning power enrichment aspects and spark tables.

I've tried to take some time here to write a fairly informative response since you folks haven't heard from me in a bit regarding the primmer.

All my best,

Steve

We are standing by Steve. The Spring tuning season is around the corner, we hope.
    Bruce

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Steve,
    Take your time, you're doing just fine.
    Joe

Hi guys,
    I'm a newbie here and was wondering if this tutorial was completed ?? sounded like an excellent idea.

Cheers........D

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza
    Hi guys,
    I'm a newbie here and was wondering if this tutorial was completed ?? sounded like an excellent idea.

Cheers........D
    Yes, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm a noob and it really would help me get going tuning !

Default Newbie !!

Another newbie here. This all sounds good !! I just got my EFI Tune a few days ago. I would admit that I am quite eager to start tuning myself. While we are waiting on "understanding" how the tuning process works I would like some guidance on some basic things to do. I agree with others that have said to do things in a logical order. Problem is with a newbie logical is hard to put together if you dont know what everthing does. Other than backing up my current .tun file from my PCM and maybe upgrading my OS in my PCM, is there anthing else that can be done to kind of prepare for making changes? Is it safe to load a custom calibration file and see how it changes the car? What are some basic things that should be loaded into dashboards to start observing what a car is doing? Has anyone put together some dashboards that would come in handy?
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I just received my flashscan program yesterday. Although I have done quite a bit of reading already it looks like I'll have a lot more to read based on what's in the scan and tune documentation. Since winter is around the corner and my car will be put away this week I'm going to have a lot of time to read and learn. However, it would be helpful if there was a basic guide to the scan and tune process to help us lay people hasten the learning curve. One of the quickest ways to learn is by example and my suggestion would be to go through the scan and tune process using a real life example. A step by step guide would be optimal similar to what is used for teaching software programs like Excel, Word, etc. Actual tuning will obviously not be possible because of the varying applications and mods out there, but if based on some basic assumptions at the beginning will at least provide insight as to how the various tables are affected by changes in values. I look forward to using my program and look forward to what Steve and the rest will have available soon. I'm willing to help in any way I can and would look forward to hearing from you if I can be of assistance.

Keep up the good work!

I am working on a special tutorial for new users that will take a lot of the guess work out of how to use the program. It will be totally interactive and show examples on how to make maps, copy and paste, setup pids, etc. I have one done now that I am fine tuning and will be adding more in the next few days. After it is finished, I will post them and make them available if Paul/Ross approve.

Chad

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I just saw a sample of one of Chad's interactive tutorials. It is really cool, what a great idea!!

Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Meanwhile there are some Tutorials that you may not have read yet here:
    http://www.efilive.com/doc/index.html

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast