Hello Dewglass,

At one point in time all of us were “new” to EFI tuning software, and the seemingly daunting task of our first EFI tune. This Forum is a place where EFILive users can ask each other questions, and share information and experiences. The purpose of the Forum is not to teach “Tuning 101”, rather to answer questions when people encounter difficultly in their self learning endeavours.

When you downloaded the EFILive software, you also downloaded manuals for the Tune Tool and Scan Tool, as well as about a dozen Tutorials. I would recommend reading these, to help understand the scope of the software and some tuning principles. When I started using EFILive I printed all of these, organized them into a binder, and read them all - some several times - as often I didn’t fully understand them after only one reading.

The next avenues (in order of cost) would be purchasing books on the subject of EFI tuning, home study / DVD type materials, or attending classes.

“Engine Management Advanced Tuning” (by Greg Banish) is a fairly easy read, and touches on using HPTuners, EFILive, and SCT software.

Masport Speed Shop offers books on EFI tuning, and is currently working on new book dedicated to tuning with EFILive software.

Books are the most cost effective; DVD type material is a little more money, while classes seem to start at around $500 and increase sharply from there.

The *.pdf files that came with your software are free, and the EFILive Forum material is free - although you will have to take the time to organize this material into a structure that makes logical sense to you.

Joecar (Forum Moderator) has been working diligently to include more formal Tutorials, mini or spontaneous Tutorials, and “how to” information in a centralized location on the Forum. You will still have to search through this material to find what you’re after, but it’s much easier than it had been previously.

Regards,
Taz