Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some pionters on 6 Speed 6L80E Transmission

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Does the 6L80/90 lock the TCC most of the time...?
    Generally it depends on whether one prefers to alter TCC engage speeds. At city speeds generally no. Freeway yes. In traffic is when it runs the hottest. Which is good anyway as it shifts nicest of all at 100-110C.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    I started with copy/pasting a Cadillac CTS-V tune in the 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6 WOT upshift categories. It was horrendous....realized there are different clutches and torque converters. With that I found a middle ground and have gone from there. As of now I am using a .2000 in the aforementioned WOT categories and it gives me what I want. Good firm upshifts at WOT and smooth upshifts at partial throttle. Of course there is room to improve, but time is not permitting.
    Yes pasting in other tunes from different cars is real risky. There is plenty of stuff behind the scenes that GM calibrates differently from platform to platform year to year. Best to always start with the stock stuff and work from there.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Yes pasting in other tunes from different cars is real risky. There is plenty of stuff behind the scenes that GM calibrates differently from platform to platform year to year. Best to always start with the stock stuff and work from there.
    I already had stock stuff in there. Randomly changing numbers is even more risky! That's why I chose to compare to a performance vehicle, go through all tables and select only the specific upshift parameters to modify. Once I observed the differences in performance I then found a middle ground. It's the cost of experimentation. Can't sit around waiting for someone else to give me the answers, right?
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    I'm playing with settings to accomplish a good WOT upshift, quick downshift, and smooth regular upshifts with my Trailblazer 5.3L with Escalade 6L80 and 3.42 gears. Making matters worse, I'm trying to learn some tricks with the traction control as it has an open diff out back.

I started with copy/pasting a Cadillac CTS-V tune in the 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6 WOT upshift categories. It was horrendous....realized there are different clutches and torque converters. With that I found a middle ground and have gone from there. As of now I am using a .2000 in the aforementioned WOT categories and it gives me what I want. Good firm upshifts at WOT and smooth upshifts at partial throttle. Of course there is room to improve, but time is not permitting.

The key is to document what changes you make and to make minor changes to limited categories to monitor your progress/regress.
    Thanks for the advice...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123