Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clearing trouble code on auto cal

If you're able to post a short video of the device from power on to error that might help. I'm really struggling with what you are trying to convey. The $0280 error occurs when a vehicle connection is attempted and there is no vehicle found by the device. A vehicle connection is generally not made by simply connecting the device, unless the tuner has done something like that in it's config (I'm not even immediately sure how).

As I mentioned in the first post though for AutoCal support you should be contacting your tuner or supplier of the AutoCal device for their direction and guidance.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Forget it! It's like talking to a wall. I thought I was pretty clear. If I push display dtc's on the box. It says $0280. I know why it says it as already explained and the issue was fixed. I just want to know to clear it off the box!

Ok, the mention of attempting to read DTC codes (the first time you've brought this up) is the first useful thing we've gotten here. But, you still need to contact the tuner that supplied the AutoCal device as there is obviously something not right. Be it a cable fault (have you been able to read/flash/log at all?), the device isn't configured for your vehicle or your vehicle is unsupported.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Ok, the mention of attempting to read DTC codes (the first time you've brought this up) is the first useful thing we've gotten here. But, you still need to contact the tuner that supplied the AutoCal device as there is obviously something not right. Be it a cable fault (have you been able to read/flash/log at all?), the device isn't configured for your vehicle or your vehicle is unsupported.
    Like I said before: I received the auto cal and downloaded the wrong files for my vehicle somehow. It was set up for e38 and e67. Not sure how that happened. I went to data log and was finished when I saw $0280 on the auto cal. That's when I noticed it was set wrong. I downloaded the correct files (e38 and t46) on the auto cal on the computer. I decided to check the dtc's while still hooked to my home computer and wondered " how do I clear this"? I went to the truck and re ran the data log with the correct files, downloaded them into efi explorer, moved them to my tuning file, emailed them to black bear and deleted the data logs from the auto cal. I clicked the dtc button and saw that $0280 was still in the auto cal. I just want to know how to clear it out.

The configuration of the device is basically defined by two files (Settings.dat and Options.txt). I think what you're probably best to do is get copies of these files from the Black Bear Performance which match what the device configuration should be. Then you can basically format the Config and Data filesystems (make sure you also have the stock and modified calibration files before doing this) on the AutoCal device and reapply a "clean" configuration.

One thing you could check if you like (I've never actually tied this) is with EFILive Explorer look at the config filesystem for files named b.dtc ,c.dtc, p.dtc and u.dtc. I wonder if they haven't been copied across if that might cause the error when you attempt to read DTC codes (I sort of done expect so because the $0280 is pretty early in the process).

Also, when trying to read DTCs make sure the vehicle is on before connecting AutoCal.

Out of interest what firmware is your AutoCal running? You should get to that data by just pressing Next a few times on the AutoCal keypad.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

To clear DTC P0208 from your ECM:

On the AutoCal keypad/LCD go: Scan Tool -> Diagnostics -> Clear DTCs.

If after that, the same DTC comes back then there is a problem to be addressed with the tune and/or engine.

Joe, my understanding (and perhaps that's the issue) is that he is actually getting the $0280 error on the AutoCal device (indicating a communications issue with a vehicle) and not a $0208 DTC code.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Yeah, I'm confused...

Lifetime Member

Andrew, Joe this guy is hitting the 'check DTC' button while only connected to the PC !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pwrjnky View Post
    Like I said before: I received the auto cal and downloaded the wrong files for my vehicle somehow. It was set up for e38 and e67. Not sure how that happened. I went to data log and was finished when I saw $0280 on the auto cal. That's when I noticed it was set wrong. I downloaded the correct files (e38 and t46) on the auto cal on the computer. I decided to check the dtc's while still hooked to my home computer and wondered " how do I clear this"? I went to the truck and re ran the data log with the correct files, downloaded them into efi explorer, moved them to my tuning file, emailed them to black bear and deleted the data logs from the auto cal. I clicked the dtc button and saw that $0280 was still in the auto cal. I just want to know how to clear it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12