Thread: Intro and 6L80E question

Default Intro and 6L80E question

Good afternoon all, well all that are in the western world as its called. Im close to purchasing a tuning solution for my Cadillac STS-V and I have a few specific questions before I buy here or HpTuners. I know this is a EFi live board so the opinions are some what onesided. Thats ok becuase I expect the same over there. Regardless I appreciate all and any input from any members that have some good or bad.

My primary questions and I know they all do not fall into the transmission category but Im betting those who can answer the trans quesionts can also answer the power train questions.

First of all this transmission is both my favorite and most hated at the same time. When I purchased this car it had some poorly added aftermarket parts installed. A majority of these parts are awful and homemade which slowly Im getting back to stock. The favorite is when the transmission is smoothly shifting, the worst is when the engine throws a soft code and starts shifting like all hell broke loose. I want to know if you can modify the pattern when there is a code present to keep if shiting clean? As in are there different maps for sport mode, standard drive, or error or protection mode?

Second is the points system are way to confusing when your online looking for comparisons. Will I need points every time I tune the car and transmission or does it take x amount of points and I can tune for a lifetime on the car?

Hi GG welcome to the forum.

I'll get us started...

Download/install the V7 software from here and give it a test-drive, open the attached 2010 Camaro transmission file (save it to your PC first) and browse thru it.

In the attached file, you will see various shift pattern and pressure pattern tables (they are organized in a hierarchical folder layout) in the Transmission segment.

Also look at the DTC tables in the Transmission Diagnostics segment.

So while I have no experience with the 6L80, someone here who has will hopefully chime in.

Cheers
    Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files

downloaded the 7.5 version and played around a tad, I see where the DTC and MIL processing comes in. What I cant find is when one is present or a soft code not yet illuminating the MIL how the transmission changes to cope with that. Unless this tune is already very tweaked. As well I dont have a file to tell me what all the codes mean such as Freeze Pressure Adapts, Inhibit Pressure control and so on. Where do I find the definition for thoes values?

Does anyone have a stock 6l80 tune?