Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 04 Silverado turbo 6.0 help.

Default 04 Silverado turbo 6.0 help.

Ok this is probably not the best idea of a vehicle to learn to tune on but its what Ive got. 76mm stock 6.0/4l80e combo with, 60lb injectors, 3200 stall, plx analog wideband small..ish cam trying to make it work on e85 with open loop speed density. Ive been reading for a couple of weeks now. Managed to get it to pass inspection, now it comes down to making it run right. It has a baseline tune on it but its far from good and not properly configured for e85. I need a starting point.
    janke1evap_0009.tun

Nobody? I got it running pretty good I'm having an issue with it pushing, off throttle coasting to a stop idles high, once the truck stops completely it idles great.

Not sure if it helps at all, but here is a current tune I am working with with my truck. It's not yet perfect on my truck, so by no means will it be on yours, let alone with e-85.
    mybbdaily.ctd
    05 Silverado rcsb. forged 6.0,KBRacing front mount, TC-76, tuned with efi live.

How much boost are you running? Your VE table and boost ve table should match in the 105kpa. Are you using the boost VE? I just looked at tune really quickly, Ill try to look at it later again.

I did figure out that my 105kpa tables did need to match. One thing I don't understand is the tutorials say log data until the cells reach 1 +-.1 when I log every cell never gets any better than 1.21. What does that mean?Also I follow the tutorials on auto ve and when it comes time to paisting my data I follow the tutorial and almost everytime it comes out wayyyy to rich. I'll post my current tune and a log file this evening.

Have you gone through the idle tuning tutorial? That may help your issue out.

Can you link me I've found several scattered threads on idle tuning. I'm not sure it's an idle issue because it does idle great it's just off throttle coasting where I have an issue.

Im running a 12lb spring I see 10-12 lbs. Boost comes is really fast since im running some stupid .68 ar on the exhaust side. I need to change it to a .98 housing but im tired of spending money atm. Thanks 64camino ive seen that link glanced over it couple times. Ill sit down and really read it now. This is what I had as of yesterday.
    janke1evap_0019.tun

04.03.efi

No prob. I would really watch your egt's and back pressure with that small ar. easy for them to get out of control real fast on a 6.0 and start burning valves, or the exhaust wheel itself. I have a .96, and still think it's too small. When it's hot, it spools so fast it's hard to drive on the street, like an on/off switch. I wouldn't take the injector tables in my tune for gospel either. Just the best i've come up with so far. I think ive tried 5-6 different methods at getting them to behave correctly

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast