Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scanning not saving

Lifetime Member

Default Scanning not saving

I have some allison 5 speed logs setup. I use the pids for allison and a few from the lb7 like vss, rpm. Now this never seems to save when I BBL. thats the only time I have a problem is when I try to get the trans data. If I log engine and trans like with the preselected pids it always saves fine. Is there something i'm missing here?

Lifetime Member

Yup did it again, got it to save directly to my SD card figured maybe that was the problem. Logged like an hour and a half of good data today, and got 2KB of logs on my SD card, this thing is pissing me off all this wasted time and diesel, anybody know whats going on with it? Somethings up with it even the few seconds it logged its showing a TIS (trans input rpm) of over 7000 rpm, on a diesel.

The 2KB thing is occurring because the log is not being closed properly. This is going to be caused by the data filesystem becoming full, or power being removed from the device before exiting the logging session. Those are the only scenarios where that occurs.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Tim, how do you terminate a BBL logging session...?

Lifetime Member

I do it the same as I do anything other time I hit the cancel button. It saves it every other time just not when I log my tcm data. What is the proper way to close it out? It even says saved as ...... And gives a filename

That's the correct way.

Lifetime Member

Tried some.more logging today and seen it stays on frame 1 doesn't go anything further than that. But when I log the preconfigured ones it saves fine. Can it be the way I configured it? I used allison and lb7 controllers cause the preconfigured allison log doesnt log vss which is needed. So I created my own using allison tcm and lb7 pids.

Tim, post your Options.txt file here.

Lifetime Member

Yeah Joe thats my problem cause there isn't anything in the config files for it. Of course cause I made the extra ones and didn't realize I needed to add them in. What do I need to do, can I just copy and paste and rename them to what i want? The one I made is Allison5 if you look in there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Actually I just looked thru everything and the V8 automatically does the options file. It all looks correct to me, so i'm hoping one of you pro's can help me out here as to whats up with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast