Thread: IVT and Traction control

Default IVT and Traction control

I am hoping someone could help me with this. I have a supercharger 5.3 in which I am trying to tune. My steady state MAF and VE values appear to be within less then 10% error. I am trying to tune transient performance off idle and also off cruise. To do this I am trying to adjust the fuel puddeling values vs. IVT however when I try to log IVT I get an error with the scan tool. The IVT when logged through the PC counts down from -200Deg C to zero at a rate of approx 1 deg/sec. When trying to log black box the scan tool returns an error and won't log data. The vehicle I am working with is a 2005 GrandPrix GXP. Any help on this parameter would be appreciated.

I am also looking for help with my stock traction control. I have the traction control enabled in the sofware however traction control never comes on even with large wheel speed differences between the front and rear tires. I have tested the stability control and that still appears to be working.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
    Chris

Post logs and tune files.....

What controller are you running? I've been logging IVT in my E38 since it was first supported and never had an issue. it may be the specific OS you have or it may be something else. Don't forget to upgrade all software (PC) and firmware (V2) for full support.

For transient fueling, what are you really looking at doing? (this is where log files would help). The technique changes a little between controllers, but here's an example from my E38. DFCO_Example.efi

I also did a bit on traction control (E38 of course ) a while back.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....Control-Tuning

It may or may not help in your case.

Simon

Here is a recent log from the vehicle. I have also included my current tune for the vehicle. I am running an E40 ECU in the vehicle and I running 7.5.6 build 139 on my PC and on the hand held running boot block 2.07.01 and firmware 2.07.04

As you could see as the vehicle warms up the the tip-in response starts to go lean (this is what I am trying to correct). I am assuming this could be corrected through the fuel puddeling and evaporation tables. I have been attempting to tweak these tables but I am having difficultly logging IVT and not much luck shooting in the dark. I will try and get a recent IVT log shortly, it only allows me to capture data on this parameter when in the pass through mode. A few other short questions I was hoping I could get some help with. Are the MAP values in the dynamic comp tables absolute values or relative delta values? Also how does the map filter # effect this.
    Attached Files Attached Files