Thread: VY SS Series 2 Stock Tune

Default VY SS Series 2 Stock Tune

Hi,

Firstly, I've been following EFILive and these forums for many years now but this is my first post.

Anyway, I just recently bought a second hand VY SS Series 2 Commodore. I have a Flash Scan V2 and have read out the PCM calibration but it doesn't seem to match anything like any of the stock calibrtions I have found on holdencrazy.

I also have a VY Series 1 SS, have had for a number of years, which does match to what appears to be the factory calibrations.

This new car, also came fitted with an SS Inductions intake (throttle body, pipe, MAF housing and filter) and the usual larger pipe exhaust system without the rear muffler. No extractors.

* So, to the point! *
    I would be very appreciative if anyone is able to look at the tune and tell me if it was indeed a factory calibration, or if somewhere in it's unknown history someone has had a crack at "tuning" it, (though the logging I've done so far would suggest poorly!) EFI Live had no trouble reading it, and I have already reflashed it, so it appear not to have been locked.

A MAF recalibration has already fixed very large +LTFT values and the NBO2 sensors now read on the safe side of 450 mV for WOT!

Thanks very much for your time reading this post.

Cheers,
    Marcus
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mk13; February 23rd, 2011 at 01:27 AM.

Marcus, welcome to your first post

The tune is not a stock one.It looks like a maf tune.
    A few things i see different are the
    ve table has been leaned out between 0 -4000 rpm (15 - 105 kpa)
    pe modifier has changed
    o2 switch point have been changed
    Low and High Octane spark tables have been changed
    there are other things changed as well

i have posted up a factory stock tune for you to see what has been change
    330 rwkw EFILIVE OS 01290005 SD Cam / Head Tuned 6 speed VY SS Commodore
    10/71 Blown 572 Big Block Chev HQ 2 Door Monaro

GM Performance Centre
    Busselton WA
    AUSTRALIA
    Phone: 0447 003050

Thanks for the replies and confirmation that I don't have a stock tune. I think I will be loading the stock calibration, and working from that to be on the safe side.

Cheers, Marcus.

Thanks Steve for the analysis

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Thanks Steve for the analysis
    no worries
    here to help other efilive users
    330 rwkw EFILIVE OS 01290005 SD Cam / Head Tuned 6 speed VY SS Commodore
    10/71 Blown 572 Big Block Chev HQ 2 Door Monaro

GM Performance Centre
    Busselton WA
    AUSTRALIA
    Phone: 0447 003050

Smile

Welcome to the forum,

As has been said, not stock, the tune interestingly, is using a Middle East version of the HOT.
    You can download the 2004 Commodore (Middle East) file from holdencrazy.com and you'll see what I mean. This is an A4 tune, but for HOT comparison purposes, okay.
    The stock M-E tune files had similar to HSV timing tables, no lean cruise activated and were speed limited to 240kph.

Thanks everyone for all the comments.

It is turing out to be an interesting little intro into tuning.
    Biggest thing as I eluded to in the first post was that the MAF calibration was significantly out. I have been getting some good data driving with just the MAF, having set the airflow calculation threshold to 600 rpm.
    The flow values versus frequency has needed to be increased, generally somewhere between 10 and 20 %. I have been taking lots of data, filtering the results and averaging the BEN maps over multiple runs in excel and then fitting some nice curves to the changes. Obviously using CL I can't really obtain data in the higher segments, but have applied the average trend to the upper regions and now see O2 Sensor voltages of around 900 mV during WOT rather than 100 mV as it was when I first received the car!

I have noticed the comparisons with the M-E tune, and there are also some smaller tables that are straight from the 2004 Clubsport tune as well.

I have now blended the HOT spark back closer to the stock to get some safer performance, as even on 98 there was quite a bit of KR in normal driving, which has now settled down.

I have access to an LC-1 so will be getting the VE table and upper MAF regions done properly sometime down the track, when I have time.

Cheers, Marcus

Marcus,

I have a 2004 SS single spark SD tune file that was done for me by Sam (Sam's Performance, Sydney) back in 2004. It is untouched and can be used as a guide or for comparison purposes if you want.
    Send e-m by PM if interested.