Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A little surprise

Thumbs up A little surprise

We just thought we'd surprise everyone in the next beta release (posted HERE). We have added in to the V8 software the ability to read out the Bosch E55, E69 & E77 ECM's.
    This is an exercise to assess interest in these ECM's and for us to evaluate how difficult they are going to be to add support for. Being Bosch, I think I already know the answer to that

First one is the E69 ECM, this has been used by GM for the Direct Injection 4cyl and V6 engines even up to today. It is currently being phased out in favour of the new E39 ECM (which we already support). However, the E69 was/is used in applications like the Turbo HHR, Camaro V6, Holden SV6 and some Cadillac's.
    The E55 & E77 is used on the 3.6L non direct injection HFV6, cars like the Cadillac CTS, Holden Commodore, G8.

We've tested reading on a number of different 3.6L ECM's and it works fine (06 VZ Comm-E55, 08 VE Comm-E77, 08 SRX-E77, 09 STS-E69), it takes about 12-15 mins, but we are at the mercy of Bosch's limitations there and we are currently reading out the entire ECM (OS and cals) so it does tend to drag on a bit (compared to Delphi ECM reads).
    Now the beta release is posted, if you have access to a vehicle using any of these ECM's we would appreciate if you could attempt to read the ECM, if it works, please Email the tune to support@efilive.com, and if it fails, please Email support details about the vehicle so we can get a picture on what models this might work on.

Thanks,
    Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E69 Read.png 
Views:	925 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	10025  
    Last edited by GMPX; February 26th, 2011 at 08:13 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Nice work guys! I'll be giving of a go.

Nice work , 15 minutes WOW !
    PCM limitations = time to surf net and do some errands .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

Great to hear, hopefully down the road tuning support will happen. 15 mins, better hope the battery is fully charged before trying to read it!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

15 mins is good for Bosch, it all comes down to how much they (Bosch) limit the read speeds, it's a very different process to where we can use our own bootloaders for the reading, this is not possible on Bosch systems.
    For example, these Bosch ECM's have 2Mb of flash with a 15 minute read time, on the E39/E78 they have 3Mb, but we are reading them using EFILive's own bootloader..............in about 2:15, crazy.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    15 mins is good for Bosch, it all comes down to how much they (Bosch) limit the read speeds, it's a very different process to where we can use our own bootloaders for the reading, this is not possible on Bosch systems.
    For example, these Bosch ECM's have 2Mb of flash with a 15 minute read time, on the E39/E78 they have 3Mb, but we are reading them using EFILive's own bootloader..............in about 2:15, crazy.
    Ve haf vays of frustrating your efforts to tune us herr kraft werkers.

Does this mean BMW's & Mercs might be a future option?

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Does this mean BMW's & Mercs might be a future option?
    No chance, same hardware, but different in many ways.

how about the like's of some of the hyundai car's like the i30's they run a bosch ecu.

No, same deal with them, we are just sticking with Bosch as used on GM.

OMG Ross, I'm crossing my fingers that I might actually be able to tune our '09 CTS 3.6 SIDI!!! I just read it out and it seemed to read ok, also read out the T43 but that's been readable and editable for awhile now. I'll email you the file to see if anything can be done with it.

Thanks Ross!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast