Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving is MUCH more pleasurable withOUT DFCO!!!

I just re-enabled DFCO now that the lean idle issue is resolved. I did the whole Skip Barber school crap years ago and I like to take corners hard and do "spirited driving" with lots of rev-matched downshifts.

As long as it doesn't interfere with downshifts I'm keeping it
    Christopher's -10cc Alum 6.6L '01 T/A FIREHAWK Recaro Topline Leather/Suede Seats

Ported L92 Heads, Custom Cam, L76, F.A.S.T. 90TB, 104Lid, CLSD, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped 2", 3" True Dual X-pipe over-the-axle, 3.90 gears, Tubular K, Upper/Lower tubular A-arms, full UMI suspension, etc.

Brenda and Her Custom Red/Black '01 WS6 Performabuilt stalled A4, Custom Cam, Kooks 1 7/8", 3:42, lid/K&N, Loudmouth, Full Custom Interior, Playboy Package.

OK.... LS1 (COS-03) version.....

The steps to tune are....

Work on the fueling. Get both the VE and the MAF (if used) as accurate as possible. This is very important as it's the bas on which everything else is based.

Under "Spark-DFCO"
    These parameters set "how" the PCM transitions between DFCO and normal driving
    1. Set the spark timing B3336 / B5937-B5939 to reasonable values. I don't like lots of exhaust backfires, so I set mine to 10' across the board. You can go lower, even negative values, but you will get more "snap, crackle and pop" as you enter DFCO.
    2. B3335 controls how fast the spark comes back up to normal commanded values. I have low numbers (0.2)for low TPS to smooth the feed in of power, but from 20% I ramp up to 0.8 at about 60%.
    3. B3334 controls has fast the ECM transitions into the spark timings set in step 1. Set quite low 0.011, so that the transition is slow.

Now on to the settings under "Fuel-DFCO"
    These really set "when" DFCO is active

Most of the settings are probably fine as is. To tune the settings you will need to log a drive and use the keys on the V2 to drop flags in the log. Flag when you feel DFCO should become active and when it should exit. The settings are fairly well documented in Tunetool so use common sense to adjust the settings.

I think you'll find that the base fueling will help a lot though.

Simon.

Now that I'm CLSD, I retract the title of the thread.

DFCO has not hindered rev-matched downshifting.

Bonus on gas milage lol!
    Christopher's -10cc Alum 6.6L '01 T/A FIREHAWK Recaro Topline Leather/Suede Seats

Ported L92 Heads, Custom Cam, L76, F.A.S.T. 90TB, 104Lid, CLSD, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped 2", 3" True Dual X-pipe over-the-axle, 3.90 gears, Tubular K, Upper/Lower tubular A-arms, full UMI suspension, etc.

Brenda and Her Custom Red/Black '01 WS6 Performabuilt stalled A4, Custom Cam, Kooks 1 7/8", 3:42, lid/K&N, Loudmouth, Full Custom Interior, Playboy Package.

Good work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12