Thread: Newbie with v2! need help finding auth. code....says N/A...

Default Newbie with v2! need help finding auth. code....says N/A...

hi im new to efi live i have pulled a LLY's duramax stock tune with my v2 and saved it and changed it up now i want to put it in my duramax. the efi live kit i bought was $800.00 and on the website the package i bought said it comes with 2 ecms licenses and 2 tcms licenses and if i want to tune more i will need to purchase more. well appartenly it didnt come with it. so i accpected the fact maybe everyones kit didnt come with free licenses so i tried purchasing one online and it says i need my auth code and serial code. the serial code i have but everytime i plug my V2 into my laptop and then open the efi live tune folder then i go to help then i go to v2 efi live licensing and it show auth code in a transparent font and will not let me click on it and it says N/A also. then in the right colum it says that my v2 is only for scanning not tunning....?? pretty sure i purchased scan and tune! help me please im wanting to proceed forward with my new product but have been stumped for 2 days now =(.
    thanks-
    CHAD

bump. (anyone have a suggestion)

Maybe you need an activation code to upgrade it to "scan and tune" One of the admins on this site may be able to help you if the retailer you purchased the V2 from cannot.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

thanks much!!! that is probably what it is. which admin can help me?

I can help you out. Please email me (support@efilive.com) with a copy of the sales receipt/invoice for the product (if bought from EFILive direct or reseller). Also please send the serial number of the device (as per this guide http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...2143-YUOG-8049).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    I can help you out. Please email me (support@efilive.com) with a copy of the sales receipt/invoice for the product (if bought from EFILive direct or reseller). Also please send the serial number of the device (as per this guide http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...2143-YUOG-8049).

thank you! and 2 email have been sent to support@efilive.com hopefully i sent all the right info.

let me know what i need to do next.

whew! all done! just wanted to thank the efilive crew! your help was much appreciated!!! =D

No problem. For the potential benefit of other customers I'll post the guts of the email that seemingly fixed it

The only thing I believe that could be causing the issue/confusion is that you have late version firmware on the device (2.07.05 or later) but have not installed the pre-release version of the V7 (and V8) software. In the latest pre-releases we made a change to the licensing system to accommodate the upcoming Cummins release. When the V7.5 software is not in sync with the firmware this presents as showing no VIN licenses being on the FlashScan V2 interface.

The resolution should be simple:
    - Download and install the latest V7.5 and V8 software
    - Update the FlashScan V2 firmware

Here are a couple of knowledgebase articles relating to software and firmware updates in general:
    - Software: http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...5404-IJZV-0820
    - Firmware: http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...7243-SFGL-2949

You need to get the software in this instance from here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....se-candidate-1).

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew