Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Noob needs help with Roadrunner

Lifetime Member

I got it! Ok, for those that may be struggling with this also. Apparently my problem was V7 scan tool Compatibility Settings, I needed to go in and add the Calc Pids that I was missing to Pre-selected Calculated PID names. The PIDs don't show up on the V2 display but they show up in the V7 Scan tool when I need them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calc_pidV2.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	392.9 KB 
ID:	11017

Ah, of course, I now understand what you're saying... yes, the V7 button is for selecting the calc pids to show up when you view the log in the scantool...

but remember this: even if you didn't click the V7 button (i.e. didn't specify those calc pids), you can still select those calc pids when viewing the log in the scantool (on the PIDs tab), it's just a little tedious.

When viewing tables in the tunetool, as a sanity check, glance at the graph, look at the units in the upper right corner of the 3D graphs.

When viewing maps in the scantool, glance at the row/col units and the data units (shown in the title of the map), make sure they are identical to the tunetool table that this map is mimicking (if you don't see the units on the map, then go into the map properties and on the Data, Row, Col tabs checkmark Show Units).

B3647 is the COS version of B3605... I just remembered your running a non-COS, so you will have B3605 instead of B3647.

Your 3 pics show the same units as what I'm see.

Lifetime Member

Ok, just when I think I'm out of the woods a day like this happens. Can someone take a look at these logsart? Well, I get up this morning headed to work and on the way I use the V2 to make the 1st log. Everything looks awesome as far as I can see. LTFT's look real tight and neat, no issues with fuel pressure or WOT.
    So, when I get to work at 7 am I park the car. I work all day, I don't even get a lunch so when I head out this evening at 4:45 pm the car has sat all day unatttended. I get in the car take off home and start the next log for the ride home. Immediately, I'm running lean and I continue to run lean the entire drive home. I baby the car the whole way, because I have to get home in time to watch my kids so my wife can leave for work. But the car keeps spiking lean. So here are the logs, nothing was changed. Same tune, just a 8 hour break in between driving.

LS1B_0002.efi

LS1B_0003.efi

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Well your second log shows IAT's near 60C. Thats extremely warm. Furthermore your 2nd log shows a drastic change in your LTFT's. Whether thats fuel-related, heat-related, or your NB/WB are in in 'disorder'..hard to tell.

Any way you can log HO2S11 & HO2S21?

My hunch would be extreme heat soak, or you still have a fuel delivery issue that keeps reappearing.
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Lifetime Member

If you are not doing a calc-vet log and are just logging a normal drive to work to just see how things are doing try making a general pid list. Log the spark advance, short term and long term trims, duty cycles , o2 sensors etc. some of the pid's on the calc-vet log dont do much for driveability problems. Also you had some knock retard at light throttle. Like the weatherman said might have fuel problems again.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Lifetime Member

I'll try logging with diffrent PID's for a while and see what I can see. I had truely ruled out the heat soak issues, because the car was just started and the temps really hadn't risen that much. The IAT's at startup was already over 102* F because it was a little over 90* yesterday in my area. If you see the pic from the 2nd below the ECT was only around 150* F and the fuel pressure was around 65 psi and steady.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	log2.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	11037

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Looks like you hit a max IAT of 140F and Max Dynamic temperature of 165F. That is a lot of heat soak.

Regardless of your fuel pressure, your Trims are 'schizophrenic'. They differ too much by bank and the amplitude from + Trims to - Trims suggest you are not getting a regulated fuel flow.

My assessment is that you still have mechanical issues with your vehicle that do not allow proper tuning at this time. The heatsoak is just an added burden that no Tuner or enthusiastic would accept.

I'll let the mechanical-minded forum members advise you on your next course of action..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Lifetime Member

I think weathermanshawn is onto something with saying those trims are "schizo". With the heat you have in the iat and charge temps something is going on. My opinion is, with the High summer time temps in Oklahoma and your specific vehicle setup you are having more than just hot intake air. You now have a great big engine in a little engine compartment. Maybe you are getting hot enough underhood temps to slightly boil the fuel or cause some kind of vapor lock issues. Not bad enough that the car wont run but enough to mess with the way it does run. That engine compartment was designed for a four cylinder correct? It is strange that the car ran fine in the morning, but in the late afternon when it was much hotter out the trims went crazy. The outside temps are the only thing that changed.Maybe just change the pid list and try to see if it is mechanical or tune issue first. Then think about the heat issue.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Your fuel pressure sensor at the rail says 65 psi...?

Have you confirmed that this is correct by comparing with a known fuel pressure gauge...?

If it is correct, then you have to rescale B4001 IFR table by sqrt(65/58) since the stock IFR is for 58 psi.

Or can you adjust the in-tank regulator so that pressure at the rail is 58 psi...?

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast