Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Noob needs help with Roadrunner

Lifetime Member

Alright, well I might be able to get this process started tonight. Meet up with my buddy last night and he let me borrow his LC-1 wideband so I'll be able to get started. Now I just have to figure out how to get this thing wired into my PCM and I'l be good to go.

Ok, from what I understand I should be able to wire this thing directly into the Roadrunner PCM using the EGR or AC pressure pin on the PCM harness right? If this is done, do I still need to connect the LC-1 to my laptop? I know my laptop doesn't have a serial port. I don't have a flashscan, I am using a road runner pcm, my new lap top and an auto tap to connect to the ODBII.
    Last edited by Gjohnson; March 30th, 2011 at 03:37 AM.

1998 LS1 PCM EGR Pin-Out:
    C1 (Blue)
    Pin 9 EGR Pintle Position Sensor Signal
    Pin 65 5V Reference
    C2 (Red)
    Pin 62 EGR Pintle Position Ground

1999+ LS1 PCM EGR Pin-Out
    C1 (Blue)
    Pin 41 EGR Pintle Position Ground
    Pin 47 EGR Pintle Position Sensor 5V Reference
    Pin 55 EGR Pintle Position Sensor Signal

You will need a calc_pid based off {GM.EGRS} & {GM.EQUIVRATIO} or {GM.AFR}.
    Make sure you know what the LC-1 analog outs are programmed to,
    so you can build the calc_pid.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

Ok, apparently I'm an idiot. My buddy said that he was lending me a LC1, but I just opened the carrying case and to check it out and it's actually a LM1. Can the LM1 be wired in to the PCM and used for tuning with the Roadrunner like the LC1. It seems all the threads that I have found so far are for the LC1.

You can use the LM1 with the RoadRunner. You need a different cable then the one for the LC1.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl View Post
    You can use the LM1 with the RoadRunner. You need a different cable then the one for the LC1.
    Al
    Can you give me some more info on this? Is there a cable that will connect directly to the port on the road runner or do I need still need to wire it directly to the PCM. It did come with a cigarette power adapter, and a few other cables. It comes in a case with a few serial cables, inductive pickup and interface cable. But none of the cables that run from the hand held unit look like they would connect to the roadrunner. Maybe I'm missing something?

Lifetime Member

Since I don't need this as a permenant setup, can I just use the serial cable and find a serial to usb adapter. Connect the usb to my laptop while data logging. Would the efi scan tool read the data from the OBDII and LM1 and log.

No, the wideband analog signal has to go to either FlashScan V1/V2 or to the PCM connector...

thru the laptop there is no means of sync'ing the AFR with the log.

Edit: reworded first sentence.
    Last edited by joecar; March 31st, 2011 at 05:01 AM.

Lifetime Member

Alright, well I assume I would use the cigarette power adapter and the serial port on the side of the LM1. Now I have a cable that connects to the serial port and it has 5 wires on the other end. Black, purple, white, yellow and red. I can't seem to find any info on how to wire up the LM1 using this serial port. Any info?

Which would connect to the EGR sensor signal and where would the other wires connect?

The analog out(s) go to the PCM.
    I would buy the pins for the PCM and run "jumper" wires into the cabin.
    This way you could connect any analog WBO2 at any time to PCM.

The serial wires would go to Flashscan V2 or PC/Laptop not the PCM.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

Ok, I think I making some progress. I replaced my passengerside O2 sensor with the LM1 wideband O2, hooked it up to the LM1 and powered up the LM1 via the cigarette lighter cable. After calibration I started the car and got a reading on the LM1 of 13.7 AFR. Now I plan to wire the analog out using output 1 to Blue connector pin 55 EGR signal and the ground to Blue connector pin 41 EGR ground.
    Can someone give link me to step by step directions on how to change the cal pids so that I can log using efi live? I don't even know how to access the cal text area to update. Also, is there also something special I need to do to make the PCM read the WBO2 as a NBO2. Sorry, guys I really am really new when it comes to this.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast