Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Noob needs help with Roadrunner

The calc_pids.txt & cal_link.txt are in the My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration folder.

You will need to know the programmed values of the analog out in use.
    This is done with the LM Programmer software while the WBO2 is powered up.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

Ok, I will download the Lm programmer when I get home and see what I can come up with. So, will I probably be taking one of the analog out puts and replacing either either pin

66 PPL 1666 HO2S High Signal [Bank 2 Sensor 1]
    or
    26 TAN 1667 HO2S Low Signal [Bank 2 Sensor 1]

to provide the PCM with a NBO2 signal?

To provide an analog NBO2 signal you need to connect both HO2S High Signal (analog wideband signal) and HO2S Low Signal (analog wideband ground).

Lifetime Member

I know the manual for the LM-1 says the preferred way to install the WBO2 is with a bung in the exhaust, but I don't have cats and I have the tailpipe adapter for install. Would I have more accurate readings replacing an O2? I don't want to compromise my tune results being lazy.

Lifetime Member

Well, I decided to just use the tailpipe adapter for the time being, so I don't have to complicate thing further.

I was finally able to connect to the LM1 programmer and I can veiw those settings, but my question is do I need to set the LM1 for AFR or Lambda? Some of the threads I've read say that it is better to tune in Lambda, but the LC1 installation guide for EFI live instructs you to set it up in AFR. Also, does anyone have a link to the normal calc pids that I need for tuning with the RR. I've gone over the tutorials a couple of times and I am still not fully understanding what pids I will need. Sorry, guys I'm a banker by trade and don't typically deal with this stuff. I've found this link here http://forum.efilive.com/attachment....5&d=1234057331 but I assume I shouldn't copy and paste all the lines in this file.
    Also found this calc pid file, but don't know if it would work for me. http://forum.efilive.com/attachment....5&d=1294191845

I'm not sure if this matters but my setup includes:
    5.3L
    LS6 Cam
    T56
    LM1 wideband planning on using Analog 2 output
    3.54 rear end

Sorry, to keep posting all these newbie questions, but I am really getting myself confused and frustrated.

I didn't help that the LM1 that I borrowed from my buddy broke earlier and I had to get my neighbor to solder the powerplug back onto the circuit board. This just hasn't been a good day.

Lifetime Member

I like the idea of tuning using http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....l=1#post135867
    would this method be useful when tuning with a Roadrunner PCM or does it not matter? It looks like there is a calc text file that I would just need to copy and paste.

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gjohnson View Post
    I like the idea of tuning using http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....l=1#post135867
    would this method be useful when tuning with a Roadrunner PCM or does it not matter? It looks like there is a calc text file that I would just need to copy and paste.
    Hi there:

Refresh my memory on what type of OS you have? If you have a MAF and plan on running closed-loop, and have all the PIDS available..then yes you can use the method.

I also have the RoadRunner. A little tip for you. I would just spend the first few weeks learning how to use it. While it is awesome changing a Tune on the go..in many case it is not really necessary. One of the neat things about the RR is you can change Tunes via laptop without all the 'flashing', turning ignition on & off..etc. Just changing Tunes (while stopped) is a breeze.

As far as the LM-1, it really does not matter whether you have it set up for AFR or Lambda. It does all its real measuring in Lambda, just pick the gasoline (14.7) if you want to view AFR.

You could easily use the calc_pids.txt file referencing AFR & Lambda. Just use the one that matches your B3601.
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Lifetime Member

Thanks for your reply, I will be running a 411 PCM with MAF, DBC and I do plan on running closed loop. Oh and I will be using a LM1 wideband that will be wired into my PCM via the EGR pins. My car is a 1997 240sx, it's my daily driver and has been horrible on gas since my engine swap. Sorry, if I seem clueless but I am. My Buddy that has been helping me tune the thing sent me his Roadrunner PCM so I can get a custom tune. When I get everything lined out he will flash my new tune on a spare 411 PCM and ship it my way. I really appreciate any help I can get, this car only weights about 2850 lbs and last week I got 15 mpg.

At this point, my calc_pid file is almost completely blank. I have the next couple of days off and was really pumped about getting this tuning done.
    Last edited by Gjohnson; April 1st, 2011 at 04:57 PM.

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Can you run the 12212156 OS on the 411 PCM?

I just want to make sure the CALC.VE is applicable to your OS.

In any case, there is still a ton of useful information on Page 1 of the CALC.VE thread or in the attached PDF's that can help you. Helpful information on Analog WO2 Pids and BENS. Lots of links, etc..

I won't know how specific to get until I know if you can run the OS I mentioned. Its found on the Calibration Tab on your Tune. Let me know if and when you find it.

Otherwise you probably just need a calc.pid for your type of Analog Wideband and the applicable BEN. Thats pretty easy to make..Just let us know your OS...
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Lifetime Member

I just pulled up my tune and it does show 12212156 as the OS. Thanks I will look over Calc.ve thread again and again.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast