Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Brake Function?

Question Turbo Brake Function?

Hello, I wrote a tune for the Turbo Brake function to use 95% vane postition from 1200rpm->the end of the rpm map while at 0mm3 fuel command on Low,medium,high Altittude maps for Max vane position and Desired Vane position.
    I am wondering if I need to do anything on the tables for Low,Medium and High altitude Desired boost?

Thanks !!!

Lifetime Member

You should raise it to something pretty high (30 psi should do the trick). The only thing you might want to do is raise the underboost error time so you don't throw an underboost code while in trans brake mode. You may also want to raise the minimum vane position in the same areas you raised the max and desired.

just my .02...setting it at 1200rpm is slightly low, as in with normal driving, anytime you come off the pedal it will start its "backpressure" and it will get annoying as hell. I set all my from around 2100 on up.. T/H engaged or not it will be in a constant frenzy anytime you come off the throttle... but thats just me.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    just my .02...setting it at 1200rpm is slightly low, as in with normal driving, anytime you come off the pedal it will start its "backpressure" and it will get annoying as hell. I set all my from around 2100 on up.. T/H engaged or not it will be in a constant frenzy anytime you come off the throttle... but thats just me.
    This is true. I set mine at 1800. Never have a problem with it engaging unless I'm going over 80 or it's in T/H mode.

Lifetime Member

Josh. You know the boost table is ignored at zero mm3, right?

Sent from my ROM'd and 1.3 GHz OC'd Samsung Captivate
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

No, never really payed much attention to it.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
    No, never really payed much attention to it.
    as defined in B2231 and B2232.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    Josh. You know the boost table is ignored at zero mm3, right?

Sent from my ROM'd and 1.3 GHz OC'd Samsung Captivate
    Good info !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    I have a trans tune that keeps the TC locked at anything above 22Mph with reshaped shift curves, so that's not really a issue so far.....actually makes it kinda sweet to drive.

I've had two LBZs now that will not follow my commanded vane position no matter what I do. Command is 100% at 0-5mm3 and 34psi boost. Also changed B2231 and B2232 to always enable boost control. Doesn't do what the tune calls for and vane position isn't as steady. Both trucks have the 6128 op system.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

when my truck is at idle it runs 10 to 11 mm3 so i set the tables from 0 to 15 mm3 from 1600 rpm on up, vane position 100 and boost 58 works perfect
    09 K2500 HD DMAX Z71 cc sb efi live Dsp5 tuned by me , banks ram air ,autometer gauges ,airdog 165, transgo jr ,pcv re route ,on 285's with air ride soon to come Gmax 6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast