Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March 05, 2011 release candidate 2

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default March 05, 2011 release candidate 2

The V7.5 release candidate 2 software is available here:
    http://download.efilive.com/Software....155_Setup.exe

The V8 release candidate 2 software is available here:
    http://download.efilive.com/Software....148_Setup.exe

IMPORTANT: The new FlashScan/AutoCal firmware V2.07.07 is included in the V8.1.2.148 installation. Please make sure you update all your FlashScan and your customers' AutoCal devices with the latest firmware.

This release candidate contains all updates contained in release candidate 1, plus the following:

• Added V7.5 Scan Tool DMA PID support for E39

• Fixed fault: In S&T Black Box Settings, when adding/deleting a pid, after clicking the [<<] or [>>] buttons, two pids get highlighted.

• Fixed fault: In S&T F6: Devices, clicking the [Read] button twice asks to save the file, when clicking [Yes] it says "Cannot create file "". The system cannot find the path specified".

• Added support for E39 OS 12646128

• Corrected a Boost map issue for the Turbo Cruze E78 controller.

• Fixed E39 turbo table calibrations.

• Fixed *.ctd file meta data entries for "Software version" and "Firmware Version" not being populated correctly during pass-thru reading.

• Prevented V8 pass-thru flashing from automatically allocating a VIN license (without asking the user) when programming an un-licensed controller. Now, the user must explicitly click on the [License] button to license the controller before the flash can proceed.
    Last edited by Blacky; March 20th, 2011 at 01:15 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Is this the final RC or can we expect some more ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Right now we don't have any updates scheduled for this release before it goes live as our "current release".
    If a serious software problem is reported prior to go-live, then an RC3 may be required.
    Go-live will most likely be sometime toward the end of next week.

Regards
    Paul

Just a question. I downloaded and installed these 2 files. Then I went to "check for updates" for both 7.5 and 8 and they downloaded something. Did I download an old file (for an older version) or is this a legitimate update for these 2 new versions (7.5.155 and 8.0.148)?

I think I found that under the 8.0 directory, the setup.log says 8.1.2 version 127. so it must have installed the older version overtop of the version 148.
    Last edited by wilsonck; March 4th, 2011 at 05:14 PM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonck View Post
    Just a question. I downloaded and installed these 2 files. Then I went to "check for updates" for both 7.5 and 8 and they downloaded something. Did I download an old file (for an older version) or is this a legitimate update for these 2 new versions (7.5.155 and 8.0.148)?

I think I found that under the 8.0 directory, the setup.log says 8.1.2 version 127. so it must have installed the older version overtop of the version 148.
    That is because these files are still officially in beta and not publicly released. Think of it as EFILive doing on-the-fly bug fixes, feature additions, etc but they need to pick a date and make sure everything up to that point is stable enough to let everyone use it. Betas are good, but RC means its on the way to being publicly released.

Once these go publicly released, then you will be able to use the update function to download them. So until this happens, the last set of files to go through beta, then RC, then public release are the latest ones you can download off the EFILive website and with the update function. The absolute latest ones are in the forum.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

The auto update option (or check for update option) should not download or install an older version. I don't know why that happened.
    You should re-install the version from the files you downloaded from the release candidate 2 thread.

Regards
    Paul

I think this happened to me a couple of updates ago as well, when I was looking at the "magic number" issue. I'm sure I was on one of the Beta versions and when I had the issue, I tried the auto update. It downloaded the then public version and overwrote the beta. Maybe the version numbering in the version file is not being changed with the beta?

Simon.

I had a this happen, Make sure you uninstall the the stable version first, then install the beta or release candidate. This fixed it for me when it happened.

Hey Paul I found a small bug. When in the Full-Flash menu of the V8 software the 'Options:' text says 'progress'.

one small thing a found today was when i read out the tune from a 2004 vy cx8 advantra today i got the abs fault on the digital dash.the same happened when i reflashed a new tune back.
    330 rwkw EFILIVE OS 01290005 SD Cam / Head Tuned 6 speed VY SS Commodore
    10/71 Blown 572 Big Block Chev HQ 2 Door Monaro

GM Performance Centre
    Busselton WA
    AUSTRALIA
    Phone: 0447 003050

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast