Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new here want to learn more

yeah i love the older style diesel sounds like the detroits and the big cam cummins but here ill show you a youtube link I just saved http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgsuV...eature=related I guess it is a smarty type programmer that makes the truck warm up downside it does cause more wear to a engine

and I would love all that bundled up but loping it at idle is sweet and is there away I can jsut switch back and forth. or do I have to stop the truck shut it off etc. I mean I dont have a clue how the programmer your talkin about even works as far as placing the tune.

now what type of performance items would be useful to just gain more power and would a electric fan be great to get more power?

I didn't know there was such a feature. And you are correct on the downside. I imagine that it would be harmful to the engine, big time. Thankfully, I can warm it up without having such damage. Might not be as quick, but better, definitely.

I use EFI live to tune duramaxs. Basically, I would hook my laptop up to your truck and recalibrate the computer to suit your needs. this is not a programmer. It actually reads the stock file off the truck, I make changes (add horse ) and then put my modded file back on your truck. If you had a 5-way switch, 5 tunes could be installed, and changed on the fly, no need to turn off and reprogram because I program your computer to do what you want it to! And if you want your tunes changed, then we can meet up, I will bring my laptop, and we can reflash your computer and put on the different tunes. Most people have tunes installed like this:

position 1 - stock
    position 2 - economy or tow
    position 3 - economy or tow
    position 4 - high horse
    position 5 - smoke / lope / fun tune

BUT we can arrange it anyway you like. THerefore if you want a lope on one tune for fun, you just switch it to that position and it lopes, then switch it to another tune when you dont want it to lope.
    For HP gains, 100 is good and then after that, you are looking to buy a new tranny. We can get you 100+HP without any modifications to the engine, just a tune
    But if you want mods, exhaust, down-pipe, & Cold air intake are good places to start (probably all together will give about 15 HP). not sure if you can install electric fans on a duramax because of the amount of heat they produce, i dont think the E-fans could get rid of all the heat...

that is sweet and why would I need a new tranny and I would just like 100 and no more and that would be for drag racing lol but yeah I will see in a few weeks about the truck but how can you make the truck sound more like a detrot and not a jet so to speak and would my shift points be stiffened up ?

I can make it sound like a detroit well as much as I can. The allison can only hold up to 100HP and then after that, you are living on borrowed time.

oh yeah now the allison 1000 can it hold up to anymore or no

now how do you make it sound more like a detroit is it fuel or timing?

it can hold more, but like I said, you will be running on borrowed time as the tranny was not designed for such high horse. And I use the turbo to make it sound more like a traditional diesel

oh ok yea cuz all allisons have this weak link and it is a input shaft i believe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast