Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to get real-time data…

Lifetime Member

The most critical thing to do is validate the PIDs and enter your VIN into the Scan tool. Once the PIDs are logged, they wont have the red x through them on the left hand side of the PID selection window.

Using the latest software and firmware helps out a bunch, little bug fixes and new features are always being implemented. The upside to this is there is ongoing development continuously and improvements, downside is the tutorials can become outdated within a shorter time period.

I wish the software would automatically retrieve the VIN from the controller when the logging commenced, that would be nice when going between different cars (I just copy/paste from the tune tool now).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    You're logging the wrong pids.

Also, update your V7/V8 software and V2 firmware from here:
    showthread.php?15845-March-05-2011-release-candidate-2
    For updating V2 firmware you will need info from these threads:

This is throwing you in the deep end but I am confident you'll swim.
    Thanks for the reply joecar. I went back out to the car and started over using the steps you provided. Here is what I did:

- File >selected Enter Vin (my VIN was still listed, I erased what was there and retyped it)
    - File > Select Controller (E67 was still showing current)
    - Clicked connect (with the ignition on and car off)
    - Info > Validate PIDs (the open circled list refreshed, the check box for “supported” is still checked)
    - Selected 10 PIDs and save them to a file I named Basic PIDs
    - Updated the gauge display to reflect the PIDs and F rather than C for temps
    - With the car still off I clicked record to see what the stats indicated. TPS% showed 87%, ECT showed -40, ect.
    - I stopped the recording, saved the file, and then started the car to try again. Other than the Fuel trims going from 0 to -100 everything was the same.

I went back and performed the steps over again and noticed something this time. When I validated the PIDs again I noticed the list refresh, but with some extra selectable fields. When I validated the list again the list returned with those fields missing. When I did it for a 3rd time the list was the way it originally was. On the 3rd list I selected a few PIDs and saved them to file, then clicked record. This time the O2 sensors were actually working and changing, then fields were doing the -40 F things again. So I think you are correct about the PIDs being wrong or in some way not truly supported although they are there and selectable with the green checkmark. Any ideas what may cause the 3 different lists?

Meanwhile I am following your links to update the FlashScan to allow the BBLogging. It sure would be much easier using the V2 to log than cramming an 18” laptop in the car

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    The most critical thing to do is validate the PIDs and enter your VIN into the Scan tool. Once the PIDs are logged, they wont have the red x through them on the left hand side of the PID selection window.

Using the latest software and firmware helps out a bunch, little bug fixes and new features are always being implemented. The upside to this is there is ongoing development continuously and improvements, downside is the tutorials can become outdated within a shorter time period.

I wish the software would automatically retrieve the VIN from the controller when the logging commenced, that would be nice when going between different cars (I just copy/paste from the tune tool now).
    Working on updating everything now. I am sure the SW will eventually reach a point where it will auto-retrieve the VIN and other things; the scan & tune tool can already retrieve the controller.

I pm'd Tech Support.

Quote Originally Posted by 09ZR1 View Post
    It sure would be much easier using the V2 to log than cramming an 18” laptop in the car
    +1 ...laptop is way too cumbersome to operate in car.

Lifetime Member

In the whats new posts . highlander is also having a problem. There does seem to be a problem E 67 09 zr1
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Thanks guys! I do appreciate the info and the support. The car is currently in route to have some parts installed, so it may be a few days before I can troubleshoot further.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12