Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: innovate MTX wideband

Default innovate MTX wideband

Just a quick one, has anyone used this, im looking into getting it for ease of install wiring over the LC1 with G3 guage. Also has a serial out but finding it hard to get cable info, anyone know if the TAquickness cables would work??

thanks all

The Innovate webpage for the MTX says it datalogs using LogWorks and mentions serial IN/OUT...

so my take on it is that it should work just like the LC-1, LM-1, LM-2 widebands.

Do you have any pics of the back, showing the serial connectors...?

Contact TAQ.

Lifetime Member

I just purchased one also. It has serial in and out. The connectors are different then the lc1 2.5 connector. It is a small square 4 plug. In the manual also on innovate website I think, it shows the RX TX pins etc but not sure which ones are which on the plug. Im going to try using the 232 DB9 cable that came with efilive. Then connect that to the DB9 cable that came with the MTX. That leaves me with two female DB9 ends. So I bought a male to male 9 pin null modem adapter from radio shack. Hopefully it works. Going to try it in the next few days. Maybe TAQ can make one fairly easy.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Lifetime Member

It's supposed to be the same pin out as the LM2 so TAQ probably already does.

Ira

thanks all,

sorry joecar I don't have any pictures of the rear only found this one

http://vetteonline.com/files/2010/11/innovate-mtx-1.jpg

but dont know what the connections to the wideband are. I have spoke to ringram the UK dealer and he said you can use the analogs provided that the -ve analog output is grounded to the same place as the ground on the mtx gauge so you only need to wire in the +ve. Obviously not as nice as plug and play with the serial but should work just as well

i'll PM TAquickness

If you have FlashScan V2, make every effort to get serial comms going between the MTX and the V2.

Lifetime Member

Ira was correct. I confirmed in the manual on the software cd that came with it. MTX has the same pinout and connector as the LM2. Serial out- pin1= RX pin2=TX pin3=GND pin4=GND Serial in- pin1=TX pin2=RX pin3=GND pin4=MTS sensor.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

thank you all for your input

slows10 -> TAQ also confirmed this for me and has since shipped me a sLM2 cable to hook up. So all being well i'll get a thread up describing the install when all my goodies arrive

maudy, thanks, we'll look for your thread.

Hi Joe, eric here how are you , its been a bit , wierd just got on the forum to see if anyone is using the innovate MTX with the v2 because i do have an lm2 but i want something that is a permanent install by the way the lm2 works great in serial with the v2 , i was going to get 2 lc-1 cables but i just found out about the new MTX and i like them because there is not that bulky housing inline with the wiring like on the lc-1 and i would have a guage for both banks also , i would like to know if i can daisy chain them in series , it must be possible considering there is a serial in and out , thanks Joe eric

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast