Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: innovate MTX wideband

Lifetime Member

The MTX works fine and uses the same Innovate to Flashscan cable as the LM2? Given how the Innovate serial protocol works, 2 MTX gauges in series must have the same data stream as a dual channel LM2 so Flashscan should log both channels with no problem. As I've been let to understand things, never tried it, but sold a number of people single MTX gaugess to connect to Flashscan and never had a complaint.

Ira

Thanks Ira , yes i believe it should work , do you know if two lc-1s would work also or same assumtion, does the bocsh sensor connect directly to the mtx gauge throught the eight foot wiring or is there a bulky connector similar to the lc-1 controler , i was looking at maudy's pictures and it seems to have a pretty big connector , how long have you been selling them and are they reliable , are they more precise than the lc-1s or is it all the same design, my lm-2 works great so will it be as accurate, thanks Ira

Forgot to ask Ira , if i use them in series i will have to put a terminator plug on one of the gauges serial input correct , i have some molex connectors left over from when i made my innovate to v2 cable , so i am wondering how is the innovate serial plug designed , is it just shorting the 4th pin>mts sence to another pin or what , thank you Ira

I did a bit of research Ira and i believe i have to short the RX and TX pins to make a terminator plug , this makes sence to me as it is recieve and transmit , do you know if this is correct , if the mtx gauge has a serial in and out should it not come with a terminator plug , i believe innovate will soon have patch cords with molex connectors to link these or do they plan for us to use the molex to stereo plug adapter and go that way sence most of all they have uses the stereo plug to daisy chain in serial, thanks eric

I believe i can use the same sensor cables on the MTX that i use on my LM2 , because on the innovate site the 3 and 18 foot cables are sold for the LM2 and the MTX and work for both so this answers my question on the bulky connectors for the sensors but i guess they have to be that big to accomodate the bosch connectors or they could probably put all this way higher closer to the gauge but you would need a hell of a hole to get it through the floor if you had to drill , its just a pain because when you install them they have to be really protected from the exaust heat , thanks eric

Lifetime Member

As I understand it, the MTX and the LM2 use the same electronics. The LC1 uses earlier electronics. But they all use the same serial data. Only the LM1 uses different serial data. The Innovate spec requires that there be a terminator at the end. It allows the device at the end to know it's at the end and become the initiator of the data stream.

Ira

Thanks Ira, when i do pick up a couple of the mtx's i will post back some results on what gives but they should work both in series like my LM2 , just waiting on some cash flow because i have some other stuff to order , eric

I should have an MTX specific cable on the website in the next few weeks. It's the same cable as the LM2 but most installs require a longer cable for ease of use.

Lifetime Member

So does Andy make a terminator plug or do you get one with the gauge ?
    What about a MTX-L interconnect cable?

i have the mtx-l gauge with a cable from taqickness that works great
    donald

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast