Thread: Little issue on the dash.

Default Little issue on the dash.

How come when I save my dash and close EFILive, when I re-open the scanner and open up my dash only the gauges come up. The background picture is not there and I have to manually load it each time.

Also can we get some gauges that have the background in circles instead of box's.
    Thanks
    Justin

Hi Justin,

The image file you specify must reside in the 'My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\VDash' folder on your system, it cannot be on the Desktop or any other location. Copy/move the file you want to use to that location, then select that file in your dash configuration, save and you should then see the image correctly on subsequent loads of the Scan Tool (assuming it is the default dash etc.).

Not sure what you mean by "Also can we get some gauges that have the background in circles instead of box's."?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Andrew,
    Thanks I figured it out, what can we do to get the gauge background to have a option for round instead of square. I am trying to have some warning lights but once they flash they block other gauges. If they were round I could fit them in nicer. Either that or make the alarms flash the face instead of the background and allow the sections to be seen when the gauge is transparent. If you don't want to see sections you can always turn them off, but I would like to see them and cannot.
    Thanks
    Justin

Ok, I understand what you're saying now. Unfortunately it is not something that we would consider changing in the V7 software as it would likely be quite a significant amount of work. I'm not sure if you have seen the ANNOUNCEMENT regarding the End of Life for the FlashScan V1 product? With the V8 software under development (and staged release) we are not considering major feature additions or changes for the V7 software at this time. In fact the reverse is true, with functionality being frozen and only maintenance updates being posted in the short to medium term.

As a possible solution how about using an audible alert instead of visual?

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew