Thread: Using V7.5 with other logins?

Default Using V7.5 with other logins?

Not sure if this is the right section, but here goes: I installed the software using my administrator account (Win XP). For daily usage, I have another limited login on my laptop. When I try to open either the tune tool I get an error message "cannot find file c:documents and settings/skills/my documents/efilive/v7.5/user configuration/calc_pids.txt The system cannot find the file specified."

How can I fix that?
    Thanks!
    New to EFILive, been wrenching for about 20 yrs now. Current project: 1998 Chevy K3500, L29

When you installed the software under the Administrator user account it will have placed a series of folders and files under the Administrators 'My Documents' area. If you are now using another account (skills) those files (from the Administrator users private area) will not be found (on account of not being created as part of the install).

To fix (attempt a fix anyway) do the following:
    1. Log in as the Administrator account.
    2. Copy the entire 'My Documents\EFILive' folder structure to your 'My Documents' area. This will be to the 'C:\Documents and Settings\skills\My Documents' folder. Note do a COPY and NOT a MOVE as a copy will create the files/folders with the permissions of the destination folder. A MOVE will literally move the files with their existing permissions (owned by the Administrator user) and may not allow your user access rights.

This may be necessary (I haven't tested it):
    3. Using 'regedit' under the Administrator account export the 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive' key and save to somewhere on the disk your 'skills' user can access.
    4. Edit the file (it is a text file) and substitute your 'My Documents' location for that of the 'Administrator' account.
    5. Log in to your 'sills' account.
    6. Find the exported registry file and double click on it - that will promt for you to import the settings basically which you should have corrected above.

Good luck.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Sweet, Thanks Andrew. The first option worked fine, no need to try the second one.
    New to EFILive, been wrenching for about 20 yrs now. Current project: 1998 Chevy K3500, L29

I was pretty sure that the Registry stuff would be recreated (defaults anyway) when the new user ran the EFILive programs for the first time. Glad it worked
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew