Thread: Help, No licenses

Default Help, No licenses

If this has already been discussed in the forum I apologize for starting a thread. I searched for a few hours trying to find the same problem but I just couldn't find any.

So from the top, I just bought a new EFI Live V2. The place I bought it from told me to download version 7.5 and 8 from the website which I did. I filled out the info and hit register which I think went ok. I hooked it up to my 2006 lbz conversion and pulled the program from it. I disengaged the VAT and tried to reflash my computer and it said I didn't have any licenses. So I started looking through the tune of V7.5 and it says I have 0 licenses. I was supposed to get 2 licenses with the tuner. When I looked up stuff on the forum it seemed like it was a firmware or boot block issue so I looked into that and it says it is good with a boot block of 2.07.01 and firmware of 2.07.06. One thing I did notice is I don't have any information in the blocks for AutoCal. I'm really lost here and any help would be appreciated. Do I need to pull the pcm program with V8 instead of V7.5? I hope I provided enough info to start diagnosing this.

Because your FlashScan device is running the late version firmware the software on the main download website will not recognize the licensing correctly. The simple reason is that in 2.07.05 and later firmware there is support for the upcoming Cummins release. The non pre-release software does not recognize the internal licensing structure change and shows as having effectively 0 VINs.

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 versions from HERE. Note that you'll also get a 2.07.07 firmware update in the V8 release.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Right on! I see two available licenses. Thank you.

There were only a couple of options really. I was expecting it to be that one, there have been a few occurrences recently as we are nulling with the latest firmware but have not release to CD the later software versions.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I'm having the same "no licenses" issue. I've got V2, with firmware 2.07.07 and bootblock 2.07.01

I used one license to flash my first tune to my truck (98 Vortec 7.4L) and it worked fine the first time. Just finished a log, saw some things that need a little tweaking (Top speed of 85 MPH vs 85 KPH makes a huge difference on the highway!!!). Change the appropriate block, tried to flash it in, and got the "this VIN is not licensed, do you want to?". I thought maybe it was something with the update to 2.07.07, so I just accepted it. Then I got error "This V2 has no licenses"?! Double checked using Help/Flashcan V2/AutocalV2 licensing in Tunetool V7.5 build 139 and it shows no licenses at all. Not the first one that I used, or the second one that should be available.

I think I have everything updated to the latest and greatest, but something is just not working. Hopefully I have given enough info. Any ideas?
    New to EFILive, been wrenching for about 20 yrs now. Current project: 1998 Chevy K3500, L29

Doh! Updated V8, but still had V7.5 on an older build. Updated to RC2 and all is well.
    New to EFILive, been wrenching for about 20 yrs now. Current project: 1998 Chevy K3500, L29

Lifetime Member

Glad you got it figured out!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.