Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pto

Default Pto

Is there away 2 do PTO on 07 LBZ? Like 2 b able 2 set idle at bout 900 rpm when i need it. TKS Ed

Let me make sure I understand what you are saying. You want the truck while in park to idle at 900 rpms, nothing else correct? If so, yes you can. Do you have a DSP switch?

Yep Ur right on what I'm tiring 2 do. No I don't have a DSP switch. Tks 4 the reply

I might have spoken too soon... at least with tuning, I am unsure if you would be able to without DSP, and then it might even be hard. For now, you can flash on your truck the "PTO" mod and then reflash it back to stock when you are going to drive... be a pain, but I think unless you get a DSP, it might be impossible with tuning to switch back and forth

Quote Originally Posted by Bearce Sr View Post
    Is there away 2 do PTO on 07 LBZ? Like 2 b able 2 set idle at bout 900 rpm when i need it. TKS Ed
    Yes. I have a kit with instructions that puts it on a switch. About a 1 hr install. When finished you have 2 rpm levels.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

^^^^
    awesome!

Lifetime Member

This is cheaper

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=298191

best part is it is a factory function built in already with no flashing needed. install the switch and control the rpm with your cruise control.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

So are you able to use cruise control also? As in, when in park, the cruise control functions are your high idle switch, and then in drive, it still functions like cruise control? or do you have to give up cruise control entirely for high idle?

Lifetime Member

Im 99% sure this ONLY affects the truck when you're in Park, so no cruise control works when you're driving around. If GM disabled cruise control on every truck with the PTO option enabled, people would be furious.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

PTO only works in PARK and NEUTRAL with no foot brake. as soon as you touch the foot brake the PTO function de-activates. And yes the cruise control still functions as normal while driving. And just and FYI, not many people know this if any at all so i'll just tell you so you don't run into this problem later. There is a fuel limiting table somewhere in the ECM that we do not have access to, that limits fuel with PTO engaged while driving. I think if i remember correctly that it limits to 60 or 70 mm3, which, can reek havoc on your shifting and acceleration...
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast