Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auto Cal LLY Full Flash

Lifetime Member

Im pretty sure it will be, heck even the LS1 PCMs dont have BBFF yet!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

So at this point, the only way to get a Full Flash is to use the 7.5 Software with a Flash Scan in order to put in a DSP5 tune? And that will take a license just like the AutoCal takes a license?....

I am hoping there is some way around this for my customer... luckily this customer is local, but any out of towners would be a problem....

Thanks for any info that Andrew or the EFILive crew can provide on this...

Zach
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

Right now a DSP and many other operations that require a full-flash can only be performed by using a FlashScan V2 interface in pass-thru mode with the V7.5 software.

The following are the current reasons/limitations:

1) The AutoCal device cannot be used with the V7.5 software in pass-thru mode, so full-flashing capability for AutoCal right now is not available. I don’t have a time frame for full flash support with AutoCal, or FlashScan V2 standalone for that matter.

2) For some of the controllers (LB7, LLY, LS1 etc.) is it quite a complex operation to coordinate a full-flash routine. The script complexity at the moment is limited by the resource on the AutoCal/V2 hardware. I'm not sure if you're aware but the V8 software and the AutoCal/FlashScan devices execute the exact same scripts.

We will have to provide full-flash capability, but it may be something that has to be done using the V8 software (AutoCal/V2 in pass-thru mode) and a script superset that only V8 can handle.

This will be on the high-priority development list, but will not be looked at until the Cummins release is out.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

So....

Let me ask what is probably a stupid question at this point. Is there any way to use the V2 to provide the full flash WITH the Autocal license? So we don't have to consume 2 VIN licenses on one truck? This is a bit of an issue that I need to learn, and if that is the case I need to avoid selling the AutoCal as i'll be chewing up any money i make from tuning on the licenses.

I realize that a user can switch tunes by flashing in one of 5 seperate tunes inteh AutoCal - but i've sold the switch and everything so need to make it right for this guy. I'm just wanting to understand properly so i can approach anyone else wanting this in the right manner. Obviously if i dont have physical access to the truck all bets are off on the AutoCal... but aside from that, need to charge for the license...

Thanks for the info.

-->Zach

There is no way to move/copy licenses from one device to another. So it is not possible to transfer/use the AutoCal VIN license on your V2 and then move the used license to the AutoCal. The solution really is for us to implement the full-flashing capability into the script engine for these controllers.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Thank you for the info Andrew. I didn't understand this part before I sold this one, but i'll be in good shape to not make the mistake again :-) For now i have to get the truck tuned as i promised. At least it'll be nice to know that i can keep sending him DSP5 tunes after I convert his ECM OS with my V2. Live and learn! (for the time being lol)

Hey,

Just a suggestion, but it would be helpful to provide a table much like the one you have for the V1 and V2 programmers to know what ECMs it can and cannot full flash. Also since this thread is a little old is there an ETA on full flashing the LLY's?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    Hey,

Just a suggestion, but it would be helpful to provide a table much like the one you have for the V1 and V2 programmers to know what ECMs it can and cannot full flash. Also since this thread is a little old is there an ETA on full flashing the LLY's?
    Great idea!
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

I second (or third) that!!!

Probably on the radar somewhere..... just saying :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    Hey,

You shouldn't be releasing products out until they work the right way, when will the autocal full flash the lly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast