Thread: Unable to Cal Flash PCM

Default Unable to Cal Flash PCM

I am out of my element and over my head with this kind of stuff, but I am determined to do it myself. I am attempting to do a calibration flash on my truck. When I use my laptop and Tune V7.5, I get "your flashscan interface cable is not yet licensed to flash this ECM." I think I have done everything I am supposed to to license it.

I also tried to do it only using the flashscan V2 after following a writeup to set it up with V8 scan and tune. I get error $0502: script file not found.

What am I missing or possibly doing incorrectly? Thanks for your help.

When you got the '"your flashscan interface cable is not yet licensed to flash this ECM." message, did you then click the License button that would have appeared? You are then asked to confirm if you want to license the ECM, do you remember seeing that message?
    By the way, what vehicle is this on?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Its an LBZ Duramax. Yes, when I clicked on "license ECM", I think it just told me to go to the Help->Flashscan V2 licensing tab. So I go there and all my information is there that I entered when I was first setting everything up. I don't recall a "confirm" option.

Lifetime Member

Try it again, after the message saying the cable is not licensed to this ECM appears, click OK. Let the 15 sec countdown timer go and STOP!! There will be a new button that appears, it says License ECM (or similar). Click this, it will ask you to confirm, click Ok. Then it will say licensed, try flashing again.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I just tried it again, went through it three times. I click the License ECM button, it thinks for a few seconds, and then I get the error "There are no free license slots available in the Flashscan cable See menu option Help->Flashscan V2 licensing... for more information." Not sure how that is possible.

Lifetime Member

OK are you running the absolute latest V7.5 software and bootblock/firmware for your V2? EFILive had to make a change in the licensing structure with the upcoming Cummins tuning option, so trying to use an older firmware with newer software can cause this issue.

Download the latest and greatest stuff here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....se-candidate-2
    Then update your bootblock to 2.07.01 and firmware to the latest 2.07.07.

To try it using V8 you need to go into V7.5 and resave the *.tun file as a *.ctd file, then open V8 up, open that file, and flash that. Should let you license it that way too. But do the software and bootblock/firmware updates FIRST.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

It is possible that you are running FlashScan V2 firmware 2.07.05 or later, but are running the software versions available on our main downloads page (or from the CD media). The latest firmware introduced licensing updates to support our upcoming Cummins diesel release. When querying your licenses with the CD release software the FlashScan V2 device will indicate that it includes no VIN licenses. This is expected behavior and is easily resolved by downloading and installing latest release-candidate version of the EFILive software. This updated software will also be required to license and flash your vehicle.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I thought for sure I had the latest updates from the EFI Live website downloads. I went to the link the two of you posted and downloaded the versions I see were offered two weeks ago. I attempted to flash my truck, and as far as I can tell, It worked - no error messages. I'll now for sure if I don't throw a code tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch for the help!!!!!!!!!! I'll let you know how it turns out.

That was it. I didn't have the latest and greatest. The tune is was loading was to clear some DTC's, and I drove around all day yesterday with no codes. So the flash worked, and my tune wasn't messed up

Thanks again guys. Take care.

Lifetime Member

Glad you're up and running!
    ~Erik~