Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSP for gassers.... guess it would be called GSP :P

Default DSP for gassers.... guess it would be called GSP :P

Is there any way to make a DSP2 switch for a gasser? I guess I ask because it would be sweet to have a hot tune and then an economy tune/stock tune for others who are driving it, or if gas prices get extremely high. I understand that the switch is based on the amount of free space in the computer and whether or not EFI is willing to support and put in the time and effort for developing such a feature for gas engines. I also understand that with good tuning, you can get both fuel efficiency and hot rod power out of one single tune. But with everything, consumers like the experience of being able to customize. And having a switch would also add a "cool" factor as well as more money for tuners and EFI. Any thoughts?

Also, what about boost options? For those with added turbos, what about having a 5 psi boost tune and then a 10 or 15 psi boost? another use maybe...?

No, the problem is the tuning strategy for a Diesel is totally different to a gasser. Since the LS1 days GM have always had twin timing tables to handle different octane fuels.
    Then with the fuelling, it's not like you can run at 20:1 around town to save gas. In short, it's not going to happen because it's almost pointless because of the fuelling limitations on a gas engine.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

True... And I understand that diesel's are totally different beasts than gassers, and that gassers are limited to the amount of air flowing into the engine as opposed to diesels... I guess I was wondering if it was possible and would it be a likely update... answered the second part

The switchable tunes in the E38 were quite nice though. I used valet mode a bit, though I've switched back to the stock OS now.

You could do that? That's pretty sweet!

Lifetime Member

Ross you have already given him what he's looking for...........andrewjamesbond1 if you run COS5 you will have N2O tables use those to adjust fuel and timing and with a switch. ta da.

OR

Dual Flash

That's pretty intense! Thanks for the update

COS5 gives you fuel/spark tables for boost and nitrous.

A gasser requires to be properly tuned thru-out the operating range, the acceptable range of AFR/timing are very tight, especially in regards to protecting the motor;

a gasser achieves economy by the use of light throttle...

I thought that I heard that EFI supported the "percentage of lead in right foot table' but apparently not.... :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast