Thread: Allison 6 speed bad file format

Default Allison 6 speed bad file format

When I tried to pull the cal from my tcm, EFI Live displayed: TCM not detected, Status unknown, Did not respond to seed request, TCM may not be secured. It went through the 10 min thing and then displayed and saved a "bad file format.tun" and told me to send it to EFI Live. My questions are; is it a problem with my TCM or the data cables, and also who do I send the file to? I pull the cal from the PCM and reflashed it disabling the VATS but no tuning. I have the updated software cause when I first got the tuner it was showing no licenses and I had to update the software and firmware and everything was ok. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

It is most likely going to be that the Allison 6 Speed TCM is the A50 that we don't support presently. We're looking at add support for that TCM shortly after the Cummins release is completed.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Try read it as an A50 to see if the file reads ok then, that will confirm what type you have.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Oh, sorry about that, I guess it would have helped if I told you the year. It is a 2006 with an LBZ motor. I swapped the motor and trans and all electrical in a different truck but I have a very hard shift with the trans and it seems like it is stuck in a high gear and it won't go above 1200 rpm. That was originally why I tried pulling the cal.

Lifetime Member

Update to the latest public release: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133

Then try it again with V7.5 and V8. V8 should read it a little faster than V7.5 too.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I already have the updates but I didn't try it with V8. I will try that.