Thread: 98 pcm swap question

Default 98 pcm swap question

Just got done doing the pcm swap on my 98. Everything went pretty well. I did load a few changes into it toaday and started it up. It keeps throwing a few codes. One I have to do the CASE learn yet. But it has a P0106 map sensor performance code. I did check all my wiring and I have continuity from the pcm connectors to each wire on the map sensor. And they are all in the correct spots according to the guide I used. (chipsbyal) I did check and I dont know if it makes any difference but the 98 doesnt have the P0106, the 02 does. It says that conditions for setting the dtc are basically that the predicted map values are not what is actual.

I have to hook back up to the car and make sure that the map is indeed working. (didnt make any logs today) But i do see a predicted map table in the tune. Is this something that normally has to be messed with?? If so can I just make the code not reported? I didnt run the car very long today, but it didnt go into closed loop and ran long enough to, I would assume that is from having this code. I dont know if the crank variation code would do that. Car has a 402 and a healthy cam, never had any mil on before swap. Any input would be appriciated. I will attach the tune as it was when I got the pcm.
    Attached Files Attached Files

i did have a few questions on a few other parts of the pcm swap. I dont have my sheet infront of me know but the pcm ground jumper. ( Ican look up the pin assignment in the morning) I was a little confused on what was to be done with that.(it is deleted for now) Also I got the pcm from a guy on ls1 tech. Very nice guy, he did the fuel gauge segment swap for me. (seems to be workin) I didnt do a full flash. I was just wondering if I should. I just took the file that is in the above post and made some idle, dtc and other small changes to it and flashed it in. Never occured to me till now that maybe I would have to do a full flash. If I can think of anything else I will post it up.
    Last edited by rpmauto; March 20th, 2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: forgot a few things

The jumper lead is deleted, you did the right thing. For code P0106 with a healthy cam, you may need to raise the MAP values in {C3003}. Specifically check the 800 & 1600 RPM rows at the lower TPS areas.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Thanks Al that is what I was thinking needed to be done. I will give it a shot this morning. Everything else seems to be working correctly.

got it. did the case learn and all is good. I took the map low predicted table and raised the 800 and 1600 cells 25%. I see that at ilde I am at 70 kpa, but no more code. Time to start tuning when the roads get in a little better shape.