Thread: 08 Duramax tune

Default 08 Duramax tune

My brother just got a 08 LMM and wants to mess with it. I havent done anything to a diesel yet. (been itchin to) I did do a little reading on the diesel place, but didnt look around enough to see if there are anything different you have to do for the 08's. Mostly we are looking for mileage and of course a little power. I am also kinda curious about what can be done with the allison. I have a few buddies that want their tranny messed with.

Lifetime Member

I'm assuming you are coming from the gasser community? Different from what are the '08s? different from the LBZ? yes they are a bit different. quite a few more tables and of course the DPF.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Yea, I have only tuned gas stuff so far. I would like to learn more about the diesel. There are a ton of them around here, I own a repair shop and I work on tons of diesels, mostly Ford stuff that has the problems lol. I know that my brother wants to remove the DPF. I havent done much research on that yet as those trucks are new enough that I am only seeing them for oil changes and routine maintenance.