Thread: Boost Solenoid Control w/ E38

Default Boost Solenoid Control w/ E38

Got a turbo'd L98 running E38 ECM and noticed a few extra supercharger boost control tables in another piece of software and it got me thinking.

Would it be possible to run say a MAC solenoid and have the E38 run it in closed loop boost control. Looks possible with the ECM but how much does it rely on the wiring etc. Is it just the couple of flags that need to be set and wiring up to some unused pins etc.

Jezza, showing factory supercharger calibrations on an E38 is pointless and it only causes confusion for our users so we don't do it.
    The E38 & E67 essentially share 95% of the same code, the difference being the E67 has an extra plug for additional inputs/output, the E38 has no output that can control a boost solenoid, hence why GM use the E67 on the ZR1 & CTS-V.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

OK so here's the obvious follow up question, can the supercharger tables be enabled on E67 OSs? Like my TBSS OS, or a V6?

Dont hate me!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Jezza, showing factory supercharger calibrations on an E38 is pointless and it only causes confusion for our users so we don't do it.
    The E38 & E67 essentially share 95% of the same code, the difference being the E67 has an extra plug for additional inputs/output, the E38 has no output that can control a boost solenoid, hence why GM use the E67 on the ZR1 & CTS-V.
    Thanks Ross. Thats basically what I wanted to know (if there were actually any outputs on the E38).. oh well, it was a dream short lived

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    OK so here's the obvious follow up question, can the supercharger tables be enabled on E67 OSs? Like my TBSS OS, or a V6?
    In EFILive the Supercharger calibration group is shown on all E67 OS's.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    In EFILive the Supercharger calibration group is shown on all E67 OS's.
    I know the tables are there, but with B8028 being grayed out you cannot enable the ECM boost control? Is there a way to enable this, or is the background code non-existent in OSs that do not have a factory supercharger?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.