Thread: AutoVE help 2000 vette

Default AutoVE help 2000 vette

Hi,

I have been messing around with a tune for autoVE. I cant seem to get the car to run when warm now. It’s a 2000 FRC Corvette.

Mods include
    Patriot LS6 Heads (64cc)
    LS6 Intake
    Comp 228/228 116lsa Cam
    42# injectors
    1 7/8 Kooks longtubes, custom 3 inch X pipe and Corsa Catback.

At first I thought the issues were the C6101 ETC Table. I got a reduced power code, then realized I added 40% only to cell one by accident. I ended up fixing it and adding 50%, then 60%, the 70% and it still wouldn’t run so gave up and went back to my maf tune.

Im thinking it has something to do with my MAIN VE since I added the 15% like the tutorial said. It is running 11.0-12.0:1 idle on the SD Tune. My main VE has been modified before I even bought the car (which was stock) so some cells are around 117 with the 15% added. I think someone, sometime ago had some mods done to my car and returned it to stock other then the PCM settings. I got it vararam and catback only.

Basically as soon as the car reaches like 72-80*C the car stumbles and dies (that is idle).
    Does anyone have a stock 2000 tune? Or should I just say screw it and upgrade to the 2002 Operating system and start fresh with the EFI Live 2002 Z06 stock tune I have.

Also Since im running the 2000 OS the tutorial says to use the BACKUP VE TABLE and paste it into MAP B, SO does this mean I DO NOT ALSO use the Main VE in map A? When Im driving around with the maf and data log it I think it just counts how many times it hits the cell. Is this correct or is it suppose to show the percentage of the VE. I remember a small amount when I helped my friend do his autoVE. I remember seeing cells pop up like it does in the tune software. Example 2000rpm/50kap =like [.97] would pop up and he knew he needed to add 3% to that spot.

The car is currently on the Maf but my LTFT’s are crazy. Mainly always +6-25% I would say on the +25% more then 6%. So I know it needs a lot of work. It runs pretty good with the MAF, A bit rich WOT11.9-12.3, but im not concerned with that as maf WOT tuning isn’t bad to do. I have just never done the autoVE.

Jay

I would upgrade to the 2002 OS and start from a stock tune... You can get stock tunes on holdencrazy.com You will need to tune the injector tables before even starting it - has that been done? If you don't have the injector tables right, that would be another reason why it is so rich...
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

+1 like BLK said, upgrade to 2002 OS 12212156 and start from stock (otherwise you're faced with too many previous changes).

+1 on getting all the injector tables correct (B3701, B4001,2,3,5, B9021).

Then, since you need to correct both VE and MAF, as a quickie try the Calc.VET tutorial:
    A-New-Twist-on-CALC-VE-Table-Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table

( very simply: load the calc_pids.txt file, disable VE (B0120), and take a log, use CALC.SELBEN as the correction pid )

Calc.VET can be converted to AutoMAF as follows:
    - make sure MAF is enabled (C2901),
    - make sure VE is disabled (B0120),
    - disable CL/trimming (B3801, B4205, B4206),
    - use CALC.WO2BEN as the correction pid;
    [ Calc.VET wideband-corrects MAF and from it calculates VE ]

More info: Summary Notes post #29

There also is Calc.MAFT which is working in the reverse direction to Calc.VET:
    Calculating-MAF-Airflow-From-VE-Table-CALC-VET-In-Reverse

( Calc.MAFT however depends on your OS supporting the pid GM.VETABLE_DMA, which 12212156 does )

Calc.MAFT can be converted to AutoVE as follows:
    - make sure VE is enabled (B0120),
    - make sure MAF is disabled (C2901 or physically disconnect, make sure DTC shows up),
    - disable CL/trimming (B3801, B4205, B4206),
    - use CALC.WO2BEN as the correction pid;
    [ Calc.MAF wideband-corrects VE and from it calculates MAF ]

For B9021 you will need cax file B (for 12212156) from post #12 here: need-B9021-for-01250003

The injector tables are all set, as i am driving it with the maf daily.

Only issue i have is the car will not idle on the stock maf tables. May have to do with the ve issues though

Ill mess around with it tomorrow and get it going on the stock tune

Thanks

Jay

Well im glad i flashed in a new OS and fried my pcm or bcm. Flashed it, went to write a tune and said it was compatible. Reflash the old tune(full flash) car ran no issues. Stop the car and shut it down and lost all connection. Go to start the car and lost ALL POWER. NOTHING IN THE CAR WORKS.

Jay

Charged up the battery and went to isntall it and the starter wouldnt stop, with no key in. Disconnected the starter and pulled codes P1518, also I cannot WRITE the PCM but it will read.

Jay

Were you trying to put your 2000 tune in over the 02020002 custom operating system? If so, that doesn't work... You have to put in the custom operating system, then put in a compatible 2002 calibration over it.
    GM EFI Tuner
    02 WS6 9.41 @ 143 MPH 3675#, drag radials, pump gas, through the mufflers - sold

Quote Originally Posted by jay_rich View Post
    Well im glad i flashed in a new OS and fried my pcm or bcm. Flashed it, went to write a tune and said it was compatible. Reflash the old tune(full flash) car ran no issues. Stop the car and shut it down and lost all connection. Go to start the car and lost ALL POWER. NOTHING IN THE CAR WORKS.

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_rich View Post
    Charged up the battery and went to isntall it and the starter wouldnt stop, with no key in. Disconnected the starter and pulled codes P1518, also I cannot WRITE the PCM but it will read.

Jay
    Is this after what happened in the other thread...?