Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commanded AFR not equal to WBo2 AFR at idle.

macca,

(I wanted to make sure we weren't losing anything it previously contained)

Yes, you can replace it with mr.prick's file...

use the pid CALC.LAMBDA_BEN for SDAutoVE (i.e. use CALC.LAMBDA_BEN as the data pid in your BEN map).

Cheers mate - that makes it clear to me now. I'll do another SDautoVE and report back.

Thanks.

Well, it seems to have come a fair way since the last time - I've done some more SDautoVE logging and have adjusted the VE table to suit. It appears to be fairly good at this stage - undoubtedly, people have achieved better, however, I'm almost satisfied with how it is - I'd only do more fine-tuning if I had the benefit of the use of a dyno at this stage and then, I'd only be looking at the 70kpa+ 1200-6800tables and the 5600+25kpa-65kpa tables. I reckon the rest is dialled-in fairly well....I think!

I'm posting the current tune and two short logs that I took of this current tune, with a couple of short WOT bursts. Interestingly, this engine combo is taking quite a lot of fuel - certainly a lot more than the old engine which was a similar combo, although the camshaft was different. The DCR of this camshaft is up at 9.2:1, compared to the other cam which was at about 8.7:1.

Importantly, with the tune as it currently is, the car is driving smoother than ever and feels VERY strong from off-idle right up to the shift-point, set at 6450rpm.

If anyone has any comments / suggestions, please contribute.

cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi macca,

Looks good... you might try to get the WOT area of the VE table upped a little, see pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LogMcTune07052011b-1.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	10736  

Thanks Joe - I am probably still about 3-5% or so out at WOT, but am concerned, as it is taking so much fuel up there. I'll try a couple more WOT passes - if the clutch holds out and get it closer.

In you opinion, does the amount of fuel it is taking up around 85kpa+ seem over the top, or are they sane values???

Thanks for your help.

cheers

Could make the 95kPa and 100kPa columns of B3647 both EQR 1.14 (AFR 12.8)... this is good for WOT...

you can experiment, set it to EQR 1.16 (AFR 12.6) and see if you get any improvement in ET/TS.

When you increase the high area of the VE table by 3-5%, subsequent log should show wideband EQR (WO2EQR) convergent on commanded EQR (EQIVRATIO)...

if not, then something else is wrong... but hopefully it will converge.

Thannks for that advice. I had added some fuel to the 95-100kpa cells previously, as it was running at about 13.7:1AFR at WOT and is now closer at around 13.2:1, so it is working. Unfortunately, I'm a bit hesitant to test it now, as the clutch is almost ready to die - have to put a new one in. The oem clutch doesn't like the WOT pulls at all!

Thanks for your advice - it has been very helpful.

cheers

cheers

Default Changed injector tables

Well, I've been away from this thread for a little while, as I figured that my tune was dialled-in rather nicely - the car is making 410rwhp peak power, a bucket load of torque and is driving very nicely.

But, ever the interfering type, I decided to actually insert the proper injector tables into the tune. I'm using Bosch 36lb/hr injectors and have used the Corvette ASA injector tables, as recommended by several people.

I have done a couple of SD auto VE logs over the past two days and do still have a fair bit to go on the current tune, but the similarities between the VE tables obviously mean that the new injector tables were not that far off the old ones. I 'spose that in my case, it hasn't made a lot of difference, but it is best to be 100%, so I'll stick to the ASA injector specs. I'll do some more AutoVE work and see how we end up.

I've posted the two different tunes, to show the difference in VE tables. I have improved my smoothing technique lately, so the ASA tune is a tad smoother, although not yet completed. Once complete, I'll do a couple of logs and post them.

cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cool Update - extra timing results in surge gone!!!

I have had a bit of a surge issue b/w 1000-1700rpm - due to my lack of tuning expertise, without doubt!

I'd left it for a while, but grew sick of it so decided to give it a crack tonight. What I ended up doing, was logging the problem and isolating the cells where the surging was occurring, then adjusting the timing - upwards - to see whether it would make a difference. Well, I had success and it all came down to looking at what timing I was commanding and realising that it was clearly insufficient. Before, I had really bad off-idle to 1400rpm surge and a bad surge also, at around 1600rpm. Now, I can take off on a level surface - clutch-only (remembering it is a brass button clutch) - and the car is VERY smooth. The other trouble area was 50kph in 4th in urban streets (~1600rpm) and it is now solved also.

I know that it isn't rocket science to most, but I'm fairly happy with the outcome.

cheers
    HSV Senator 300 - the Classy C4B...

C4B - ETP215s 62cc, Comp 215/223 .601/.609 @111+3, Manley 8.050" 5/16" P/R, Morel Link-bar lifters, Powerbond 25% UDP, 36lb injectors, SLP pump, Rollmaster chain, OTRCAI, T-56 - RipShift, HydraTrak 3.91:1, DiFilippo 1.75" 4-1s, twin 3" st/st cat-back, 3" metal substrate hi-flow cats. AP-Racing 6/4-pots. EFIlive COS3 SD tune.

308rwkW(413rwhp)

macca, good job thanks for sharing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast